Why is my simple "hide" button not kicking in?

Hello all working on this test site. but even in my sandbox the hide button is not working. I went over the jquery, looked for possible typos ect.
(didn’t post this the javascript/jquery section as this is on wp & it should actually be pretty basic, so hope it is ok here.)
thx
D

Is this “hide” button from a plugin, or something of your own making? Is it on the front-end of the wordpress site, or the administrative back-end?

Go ahead and post the code you’re working with. This will aid in troubleshooting if it’s your own code.

Without the code it would not be possible to troubleshoot but 1 mistake that usually happens in case of WP is that many a times the jquery javascript is put before even calling jquery so sometimes it does not work as it does not find jquery files. So if you can post that section it would be easier to help out

Hello all and thank you, my code & button is at http://danielamorescalchi.com/test01/
button is now on display:none; but it is right below the blue band beneath the menu.

so i have

<div class="hideBtn">
		<a href="#" title="hide welcome msg">Hide</a>
	</div>

in the welcome.php page

I then have on the same page

<script>
JQuery(document).ready(function($){
	$(".hideBtn a").click(function(){
		$("#frontPageIntro").slideToggle('slow');
		$(this).text($(this).text() == 'Show' ? 'Hide' : 'Show');
		return false;
	});
});
</script>

after having tried to use that script in a custom .js file in the js folder.

Hi there,

On the page you link to, if you look at the error console in your browser (how do I do that) then you’ll see this:

Uncaught ReferenceError: JQuery is not defined danielamorescalchi.com/:119

This message usually means that you are trying to use jQuery before you have included it.

hi there. thank you Pullo will go check that out.

hi @pdxSherpa

I checked your code and its nothing to do with your script. Its a known bug in jQuery.

Kindly try downloading the release version or try referring

http://code.jquery.com/jquery-git1.js
  • the latest build in progress and your issue will be solved

Also just to let you know one minor issue

JQuery(document).ready

the j should be small in JQuery so it should be like

jQuery(document).ready