Why is the colour different in different browsers?

I’m not sure why this is happening. I’ve created a site but the banner doesn’t match the background colour code…

The part on the left is the banner colour and the part on the right is the background colour code. I am browsing in safari on a macbook.

I have been designing the website on an imac and the colour seems to be fine. The colour is fine on both iphone and android phones. :confused: Please may someone help? Thank you!

What software did you use to create the banner, and what file type is it saved as?

I think it`s because one color is image and the other color-code, or both are different type images. Make them same-type, and you should be set.

It should be possible to make them the same, but we need more info from the OP.

Created in PhotoShop. Filetype is .png

When I used the ink dropper tool, I used that colour code so I am not sure why it’s displaying differently in different browsers!

Thank you!

Hi,

You might find this article of use or [URL=“https://hsivonen.fi/png-gamma/”]this one.

I believe you can opt out of gamma correction when saving files from Photoshop somewhere in its settings. Fireworks on the the other hand doesn’t suffer from this problem with png images.