Why is the link bolder than the rest of the text?

When I add a link and want the link to be a different color than the rest of the text in the sentence, I use this code:

<a href="page16xyz"><font size="2" color="#444444">Contact Us</font>

But the Contact Us appears bolder than the rest of the text. How can it look like the same non-boldness as the rest of the text in the sentence?

For a start, welcome to 2011. Put your <font> tags back in the box with your Bee Gees records and shoulder pads, you won’t be needing them any more. We have this nifty little thing called CSS to do styling these days.

Given that you’re using <font>, I’m assuming you aren’t using any CSS. If you are, there may be another rule that’s coming into play, so you’ll need to show us your stylesheet. If you’re changing the size of the text (and if you’re not, why specify a size?), it could be that the font looks a different weight but is actually a different size.

I’m guessing it could deal with the css applied to the rest of the text in the sentence.

lets say this is your sentence css

#sentence {
        color: #646464;
        font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
        font-weight: 400;
 }

When adding styles in the markup it could null and void the specifications.

Also, if could be because an “a” element is added and you might need to see if it’s conflicting with any universal rules to the “a” element.
I would give the <a> a class and just change the color of the type with css.

Given that you’re using <font>, I’m assuming you aren’t using any CSS. If you are, there may be another rule that’s coming into play, so you’ll need to show us your stylesheet. If you’re changing the size of the text (and if you’re not, why specify a size?), it could be that the font looks a different weight but is actually a different size.

That too haha.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I’m aware that font tags are old news. I do have css for this text container (below). I just thought I could change the link text into a different color by overiding the css with an inline code.

So, how would I change just the link text to a different color than the other text, please? (When I remove the inline font tags, the link text only appear upon a hover.)

.col_V {
		float: left;
		width: 200px;
		height: 390px;
		font-size:1em;
		color: #000000;
		margin: 5px 0px 0px 10px;
		padding: 10px 10px 0px 16px;
		border: 0px solid #;
		background:url(../images/2box.gif);
		background-repeat: no-repeat;
		background: #;