Why SP is not strict as before?

Hi,
I have been using SP and it is a great resource for me in my SEO. But now a days i feel there are newbies who have just 5 posts and ask a question and give a link in the question (eg Why my PR went down and giving some sitename). We people never doubt as if he is a spammer but we suggest him different answers. But what i feel is he doesn’t need our answers perhaps he needs to get a “Do follow” link. Why SP is not strict as before.

Hmmm… interesting question and one that we’ve been discussing a lot lately. :slight_smile:
I think the answer is that we are as strict as before (stricter in some ways), but there are a LOT more link droppers around these days. There is a very fine line between cleaning up rubbish posts and being unwelcoming to newcomers who don’t realise that the question has been asked before.

We have actually just imposed a new quality standard to try and get rid of these low quality posts but you can help us by reporting any that you see.

We had lots of problems in Web Design with people needing code help on their sites, but were unable to post a link to the site with the problem AND couldn’t post code either, because code often has urls in it (for images, <link>s to CSS and Javascript, etc). Letting newbs post some sort of url was better for those needing help. So far as I know they are not Do Follow at all, ever.

I knew that links in signature are “no follow”… But in post i think they are “do follow” aren’t they?

I knew that links in signature are “no follow”… But in post i think they are “do follow” aren’t they?

They are not shown for non registered users as far as I know.

They are not shown for non registered users as far as I know.

This has changed: anyone can see a signature and links inside, but all links, everywhere, are nofollow.

People post sites-in-progress on this forum and usually don’t want google following them. They’d rather google index their site when it’s not broken/unfinished anymore.