Why was the Title on my Topic Changed - PHP Dev Call

There is no hit to take, if you learn from mistakes. I have learned to flag posts, if I feel something went wrong as a user. You can try and change your flippant attitude to something more customer oriented. And change your user title to reflect a clear affiliation with Sitepoint as a team member.

Scott

This is also not a requirement of SPF Mentors (or staff in general). Several staff, even Advisors/TLs, do not have such labels. Also, Mentors cannot change titles or moderate anything on their own (excepting TL3 stuff). FYI.

But I’m sure we can take your suggestion for labeling staff into account. Thanks for the input!

Edit: Remember, too, that a helpful visual identifier is the color of the person’s name. If they’re not blue, they’re staff. (Orange->Green->Red).

1 Like

:slight_smile: Thank you!

Look at it from a user’s/ customer’s perspective. :wink:

Scott

TIL: That I guess…

Small correction, if they are not light blue, they are staff, TLs are a Dark Blue.

3 Likes

That is good to know, if you know it. For someone who doesn’t know it, the different colors are practically meaningless.

Scott

I also find it interesting that most of the team in this discussion don’t have any clear indication of being team members in their profiles. I would have thought it would be a nice badge to have as a team member. Is there no pride in being a team member here? There should be. :slight_smile:

I was going to ask how I can be shown as a Sitepoint author.

By the way, have any of you seen Ophelie around?

Scott

PM me and I’ll alter your title.

Most of us use inside jokes (which is what mine is). The staff like to make fun of me because I guess I sound older than I am (based on the great wisdom and advice I’m able to spew out from time to time). So they like to make me feel older than what I am. :smile:

I did have mine as “Team Leader” when I was a Team Leader and probably will switch it to “Advisor” again in the near future.

casually looks around, Nope. I haven’t seen her. Not sure where she has gone…

1 Like

Hey guys, I’ve been following along here, but I feel this is getting a bit toxic. As noted, a discussion like this is better as a flag on a post, rather than a public discussion. :slight_smile:

This topic is now unlisted. It will no longer be displayed in any topic lists. The only way to access this topic is via direct link.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.