Will Google Follow link not on index file?

If I have a site with pages that are not linked to the index file and vice versa, will Google pick up the URLs if I create a site map?

Can stand alone pages independent of index file be indexed with other SE’s if a site map is submitted to them?

Something else, if I put links to pages on my index file and they get picked up. If I take the links to the pages OFF the index file will they still be indexed and crawled on search engines?

This is a one page site for now with almost nothing on it, but will be a complete Joomla Thai dating site in the future and I want to start publishing some relevant content first before going into production.

like any other site… even if you don’t build a link on it, google can still find it… as long as you don’t exclude it from getting index by google its still going to get crawled…

Google will follow links from anywhere to anywhere. You don’t have to have each and every page linked from the home page (and on medium and large sites, that would be impossible to do efficiently anyway). What you do need to do is to make sure that there is a route whereby the spider can follow a series of links that take them from the home page eventually to the destination page. As long as there are inbound links from a page that is indexed, your page will get spidered, but it might take longer. Assuming the site map is indexed, that will be a valid route.

Google will periodically spider each page that it has in its index. If a page is still there, it will remain in the index. If a page has lost a lot of its inbound links, it will probably drop in the rankings, but as long as it remains live, it will be indexed.