Will Google's 21st April Algorithm Update Impact Non-mobile Friendly Websites?

Hi everyone! I’m here to remove my ambiguous about Google’s New Algorithm Update. Yes I said about Google’s upcoming algorithm update on 21st April 2015 . Because one of my site still non responsive. Here are my concerns below…

1. Is this update will penalize non responsive website?

2. I heard about… this update will rank only for mobile friendly site otherwise there isn’t any impact for non
responsive site. Is it right?

3. “The algorithm will also down rank websites which redirect mobile users to a different URL (mobile site).”
What do you think?

I’m waiting for your answer… :scream:

Unless I’m reading it wrong, they are targetting search results delivered to mobile devices. I guess the question then becomes one of how much of your target audience is using a mobile to find your site. Either way, the writing seems on the wall, and you should start considering moving to a responsive design sooner, rather than later.

2 Likes

Thanks chrisofarabia, It is really important for me that you answered with strong evidence. Yes I want to believe that what you said. Actually I’m going to do my site responsive and I need more then 1 month. In the meantime, I saw some of comments and articles which are bringing me to here to ask on them. Once again thanks chrisofarabia.

My understanding is that Google still commands a 67 % market share of the search engine market. Therefore, it behooves us to prepare for this change on April 21st, 2015.

Update coming up on April 21st, 2015 is Google’s increased ranking factor on a site being mobile. This is an article with a nice summary on this upcoming important Google change and the strategy of how to prepare for it. The strategy is provided by Google and it outlines what they recommend to prepare for this important upcoming change.

Good luck,

Braulio

Thanks so much, Mainly I discovered something like this through your replies…there isn’t any anxiety recent on this update. I think when I’ve found .7% of visitors I got from mobile so it will take a time to affect my business in this movement.

It is my understanding that the change will be effecting websites in all search mediums, not just mobile/tablet.

I could be wrong. I look forward to seeing the case studies that are sure to come out this week.

According to Google, the system first determines what kind of device you are on, and if it’s a smartphone-like device, serves up results that are better optimized for that device. So it shouldn’t affect desktop searches at all.

(This is based on a radio interview with a Google person, so I can’t provide a link, unfortunately. However, the link provided in post #2 says the same thing, anyhow.)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.