With the cheapest product in my Niche on the net! How Can I Sell

I sell cheap handmade beach pants i know website not modern or corporate, but I am looking for marketing advice not web-design.I just need a strategy to find a demand. I’m happy to pay a bit of money, but not much maybe $20 if it will provide a mass demand fairly quickly.What it comes down to is number views, I could sell on etsy, but then I still need marketing strategy as it may be that it will not generate traffic or targeted traffic or provide the demand i so desperately require.

Let’s slow waaaaaay down and look at some basic marketing first.

Is there demand for what you’re trying to sell? I don’t know what beach pants are, but I like the beach, and I like pants, and I know others who feel the same, so let’s assume that there is. This is something you can check easily, by the way – are people buying similar items on Etsy or eBay? Does Google Trends show an upward curve in search queries for terms related to your product?

Let’s assume that’s still a yes. Next step: find an audience for what you’re selling. You identified Etsy as a likely place where your audience might search. Last time I sold on Etsy, it was a heck of a lot cheaper (at low volume) to set up an Etsy store than to build an ecommerce site. Etsy also lets you experiment with different products, photos, descriptions, and pricing points.

Speaking of pricing: why $20? It might be a perfectly good price for what you’re selling; it might be way too high for the quality, or it might be so low that prospective buyers think the pants won’t be to their liking. Again, that’s not something you’ll know unless you experiment a bit, which you can do on a platform with an established audience (Etsy, eBay, an affiliate site, etc).

But let’s get back to my original question: what are you selling, and who would like it? Maybe we can help some more if we know a little bit more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t think he was giving the price of his product :wink:

For the rest I second your post. Hard to formulate a marketing strategy (apart from “sell as much as possible”) without more details.

1 Like

I thought I had made a terrible mistake and left out information! But I’ve realized the moderators have edited it no explanation provided. moderator please delete this thread all together. Maybe I missed something in the terms and conditions of this site.your site is just not letting me make a simple thread.Forum just NOT working.

Hi crusoe. Please check your messages, because I certainly sent you one.

Ah, geez, you’re totally right — I scanned the post for a unit price and the $20 jumped out at me.

TBH I doubt “demand” can be created at any price let alone $20