Wordpress and JQuery

Is it possible to embed a JQuery script in the header of a Wordpress blog? If so, does anyone know of any tutorials that would give a few guidelines or pointers on how to go about this?

Is this a self hosted WP blog or are you using WP.com? If the latter is the case than I can’t say, but if it’s self hosted than yes it’s possible and there is no difference than any other site. Other than you have to edit only one file: header.php (depending on the theme that is)

I just found this: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_enqueue_script

You just need to google a bit to find lots of tutorials about this.

JQuery library comes packed with JQuery so you only need to add your <script> tags (src attribute or not) whenever you want to place them in your code/template. Exception made if you want to load JQuery from your own folders or from Google’ servers. Then you will need to break the hook from WordPress.

Edit: RetroNetro is right. If you host at wordpress.com then you may not be able to do as many changes as you want :slight_smile:

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I am self hosting but new to Wordpress. The link was really helpful.