Wordpress - author edit pages (not posts)

I use Wordpress as a CMS and I need to work out a way to allow certain users the ability to edit their own pages (pages not posts).

I understand that the capabilities of the user role “author” is restricted to editing posts only. It would be great if there was a way to give “authors” page editing privileges for their own pages.

Any tips or pointers to were to modify the code are appreciated.

i suggest you to ask in the wordpress forum - they know more about plugins etc…

I think that “pages” and “posts” are the same in this instance. If a user can edit a post they can also edit a page, though I have never managed a multi author WP blog. So I am unsure of the permissions an author will have, can they only edit the posts/pages they created or will they have access to ALL posts/pages.

Check here for more info: http://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities

I went to the Wordpress forum first (at wordpress.org)… the exact question has been asked many times before… so far, no solution. They are “post/blog-centric”. I am asking here on the SitePoint forum because that’s where to go for results IMHO :slight_smile:

The kicker is that I am using WP as a “blog free” CMS pages only solution. Roles and Capabilities shows that the “author” role can edit posts only (not pages). I agree, it must be possible… it would be a great feature. I am hoping that I can find the way to do it. Wordpress is fantastic and this would make it top of the pile!

The default Wordpress package does not allow authors to edit pages, only posts (admins and editors can edit pages but they can also delete other’s pages :frowning: ) .

Many thanks

I heard back from a moderator on the Wordpress.org forums… he suggests this Role manager plugin

I will try it and report back.

I tried the Role Manager plugin… it solves the problem… and more!