Wordpress author image question

I have setup a wordpress blog recently and have noticed whenever i reply to a comment a graphic shows up as my author image.

it looks vaguely familiar, i may have set it up a long time ago for a different blog entirely, but how its appeared on this new blog i have no idea!?!

help! i have checked all the obvious settings in the admin but am at a loss how to change it.

Seems to be linked to my username in my profile…?

Is it a gravatar?

it cant be, i at no point setup gravatars on my blog.
i am thinking it may be linked somehow to my WP account i had to setup to get a unique code for askimet to work…?

did you keep the same ID for the new blog?

i…must…have…?

can you remember that image being on ur old blog? setting it as your author image?

It’s bizarre to think it just appeared without just cause - If it was on blogger or something i’d perhaps suggest a Gmail link or something along those lines, but its wordpress…that’s the only thing that would make sense to me, the same ID as before :confused2

where’s the image hosted at? That could lead to clues. :slight_smile:

:tup: great idea, check the properties also!

aha, its hosted at http://www.gravatar.com but how in the blue blazes did it get attached to my new blog. I am not using anything in my new blog associated with the site i set it up for several years ago. i dont even know what the user would be for the gravatar account??

well i figured it out, as WP now has gravatars as standard, because my admin login email address was the same as the old blog it just grabbed my image settings from gravatar.com

thanks for the help folks :slight_smile:

Yes, gravatars are tied to your email address. Glad you got it figured out. :slight_smile:

glad u got it sorted pp :tup:

Gravatar is in fact owned by Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com