Wordpress - Best out-of-the-box SEO theme?

Which is the best theme for Wordpress from an SEO point of view?

Actually, to be more specific, which is the best free Wordpress SEO’d theme, and which is the best paid premium one?

Wordpress is very flexible and indeed, many of the themes are good for SEO.

Ensure that you have the All-in-one SEO pack plug-in installed, along with permalinks setup correctly.

The CMS editor in Wordpress produces very clean code, which is good for SEO, so ensuring that your template is coded in divs and not tables, and that the code is clean and concise, means that as long as your onsite SEO is strong enough you will be sorted for SEO.

My personal favourite is the ‘White as Milk’ Theme, which besides being free, is also very simple, so lends itself to easy customisation.

You can use any Wordpress Theme, Free or Paid.
Most of all newly designed theme which are free are very functionally and designed from SEO point of view, so you don’t need to go for premium themes.

Just Google it “Free Wordpress Themes” and BOOM. You will get tons of nice and free wordpress themes, which will give a corporate look to your wordpress blog.

Yes, I’m aware there are plenty of themes available, PLENTY! I do recall a while ago, however, that a Wordpress ‘expert’ was claiming that one particular theme got indexed really quickly in Google in comparison to others, as well as being set up really well for ongoing success. I wish I could find that post now :slight_smile:

almost all of wordpress theme are good in SEO. Just find what is suited in your topic blog.

all of the wordpress themes is good for SEO especially if you have high quality articles on it and the layout theme itself must be w3c valid
then its good to go :tup:

I use Arthemia Pro and I am very happy with this one, with a few cool SEO plugins it is working just fine!

The thesis theme for wordpress has a great look and you can customize it depending on your needs. One of the best themes created.

Best would require a test of themes with identical data and on the same network. Then one would have to create parameters where the themes got crawled equally and were put up at the same time, etc.

I do a lot of reading, posting, blogging and I’ve not come across such. I’ve come across claims from one designer or another how their themes are “optimized”.

Fortunately onsite factors weight in ranking is not that high as long as you follow industry standards most themes should be just fine. And to select a theme based solely on perceive SEO would be a mistake.

I concur with the use of a Plug in. Find the theme you like and choose a plug in and make sure you understand how that plug in works.

I am not having any problem ranking with WordPress. I use the All in One SEO plugin.

Ok, thanks very much guys, I really appreciate your suggestions. All in One SEO seems to be the way forward!

Cheers :slight_smile:

I too think almost mostly themes are good, the thing you need to do is to choose which one is suitable for your blog.

Word press is the best tool for creating the blog . We have used word press for creating Blog for our clients.

There are a few I know of which are pretty good for SEO:

• RockinSuckerfish1 1.0
  • Revolution Magazine 2.1
  • eMoms Legacy 1.0
  • Golden Day 1.0
  • Citrus Scraps 1.0
  • Autumn Blues

Hope this helps!

And yes, I agree with the other posts - add the All In One SEO plugin - it’s fantastic and so easy to use!

wordpress already have many theme to used for your’e blog …
i think is useful for support SEO better…and mybe you must consentrate and makes a googd quality of backlink …
it’s help to increase traffic and also do promote as well

Thanks

Have seen all the templates of wordpress blog are so good. but blogger should select appropriate blog template to the blog concept.

There are so many free WP themes that is good for SEO. All you have to do is get those fingers working and start for looking the best template for your blog.

try THESIS. its one of the most popular and easy to customize theme especially for non coders.