Wordpress Custom Menu Help

Hi guys,
I wonder if you can help? I am trying to build a website using the new word press 3.6 and I am using a blank theme to create it in which I took and learnt from Lynda.com. Now I have created a few websites in the past using the theme but for some reason I am having problem creating a custom menu using menus under the appearance tab.
The steps that I usually take are

1, To add this code in the function file of the wordpress theme

if (function_exists(‘register_nav_munu’)) {
register_nav_munu(
array(
‘main_nav’ => ‘Main Navigation Menu’
)
);
}
2, My next step is to create a ‘menu name’ in menus under appearance in wordpress and then add the menus .

3, my next step is to add this code in the wordpress template and put in the name of the menu that i created.

<?php wp_nav_menu(array(‘menu’ => ‘Main Nav Menu’)); ?>

But for some reason its not working for me and i have ran out ideas,
so has anyone got any ideas, of what i have done wrong or better ideas of how i can solve the mystery?

Thanks in advanced

Anthony

Try this one

<?php wp_nav_menu( array( 'theme_location' => 'Main Navigation Menu' ) ); ?>  

I tried that but for some reason did not work, however i tried <?php wp_nav_menu(); ?> and it works

but my only problem now is that no styling is getting to it. The menu’s just show in a list coloured in blue, with underlines.

I have it wrapped in a </nav></nav> tag buts it still doesnt work, I have also tried it without and still the same result.

What css styling have you added to your stylesheet that you want for this menu?

For styling, you need CSS on that. Try downloading other free themes and grab their nav menu styling. Good luck!

Sorry, I have managed to get it to show the styling now but am trying to get my site navigation to look like this one what i did for my test site.

Budget Removals
But it is showing up like this

http://budgetremovalsuk.com/splash-page.html/qa/

I took the navigation from the site below

Big Menus, Small Screens: Responsive, Multi-Level Navigation | Webdesigntuts+