Wordpress Integration

Herro. I’m building a website for role playing games. Think IGN or Gamespot but with a smaller scope. I’m already running Wordpress but I’d like to add a wiki and a forum. I’ve tried integrating these elements by using bbPress and mediawiki but it’s not working very well. Any ideas? :]

There are other plugins you can try in wordpress

in admin on left click on plugin and add new

than search for forum and once you install the plugin take the shortcode and place.

though paid ones work perfect.

Jtsom,

As mentioned by Jeff, there are a lot of other options out there. Here is a blog post with 4 other forum plugins for wordpress (it says five but you have already tried bbpress),

What was it about the other plugins that was not working for you? Perhaps there is an issue somewhere else un-related to the plugins?

Hope that helps,
Shawn

Thanks for the replies. bbPress is alright but it’s lacking some features that I figured it would have from the start… like post count, avatars, signatures, etc. I’ll find some plugins. What about wiki though? Is there a way to integrate mediawiki into wordpress with single login?

Wordpress to phpBB Bridge

Wordpress to Mediawiki Bridge

Those are two I found via a quick search, I’ve never used either so can’t say how good they are or if they both work together. If it’s an actual game that you’re running then you’ll probably want to consider installing some sort of bug & feature request tracking software to keep track of any bug reports and request for features from your users. Flyspray is an example of one that springs to mind, I don’t know if there are any plugins about for “bridging” between wordpress and flyspray.

That plugin works great. Thanks, Space. bbPress looks fugged up though.

http://www.potionbear.com/forums/