Wordpress question. Please help, hard to find resources online!

I have downloaded wordpress and it looks pretty good at the moment. I have toyed with the real estate plug ins and they look handy. I would like to, however, build everything on my own except the property listings section. Is there a way to have just one section of your website/portal on wordpress while you build the rest on your own? Any ideas on how I can do that if that is a possibility? I am ok with my website looking different in that section as long as the colours are similar.

Hi There, yes is the answer. You can install your wordpress in a subfolder instead of your main folder (how this is done will depend on how you installed it). My hosting is with Hostgator and I install Wordpress via the control panel, the default is to install in your root folder but you can create another folder such as listings which would mean your wordpress installations would be at www.domain.com/listings and you can build the rest of your website as you want. you can also have more than 1 wordpress installation.

Hope this helps.

Mark.

It does indeed, Sir. Thank you.