Okay the issue seams to be fixed now, not sure what it was but it's fixed. Maybe I think I was at fault. I had more than one loged in version. I cleared the cache and it did do something.
Thanks for the anti-virus plug-in, I installed it and it worked wonders. Never knew you could get a virus on a website!
Apart from that everything is now working at it should. I think I was edited pages too quickly and had more than one login sessions causing the error or lag. I installed another plugin called Access Logs, not sure on it's direct impact but it did not hurt anything so I kept it in.
Thanks again for your help and advice.