WordPress SLOW on Admin

Hi guys,

I have this problem, it’s fairly big. Basically I like to edit my site as I go along and I normally make 2/3 edits per day on various things, touch-ups and new etc.

I recently found this issue, I installed the W3TC module for peformance issues and it worked wonderfully. The only issue is that after a number of edits I can’t access the inside pages of the dashboard very easily and when I do I cannot save the page, it so SLOW to the point of crashing. I am unsure what the error or issue is but I wanted to ask in this forum to see if anybody can help.

Since I found this problem I disabled a number of plug-ins including the w3Tc plug but it has made no difference to the website. Does anybody have any advice.

Check your access logs, any unusual access that looks out of place, ie IP addresses you don’t recognise around the time the plug was installed, run anti-virus and anti-malware scans just in case

I don’t mean to sound silly, but could you explain roughly how I would do this. So far I’ve done the following things and it’s not helped.

1. Reinstalled WP through the admin panel
  2. Installed a plug-in called WP-DBManager
  3. Disabled all performance plug-ins, W3TC included
  4. Changed the domain so it’s not pointing to the CDN (CloudFlare in my case) and had it point to the ordinary host.

Now you mention it I was doing something which I think contributed. I was performing edits and closing the browser sometimes having more than 1 internet window open. Maybe this contributed.

Okay the issue seams to be fixed now, not sure what it was but it’s fixed. Maybe I think I was at fault. I had more than one loged in version. I cleared the cache and it did do something.

Thanks for the anti-virus plug-in, I installed it and it worked wonders. Never knew you could get a virus on a website!

Apart from that everything is now working at it should. I think I was edited pages too quickly and had more than one login sessions causing the error or lag. I installed another plugin called Access Logs, not sure on it’s direct impact but it did not hurt anything so I kept it in.

Thanks again for your help and advice.

Sometimes it is cloudfire. I have ran across that on wordpress , vbulletin , and other software. Other pages will load fine but the backend slow as christmas. I talked to them and they had me change settings sometimes or get a patch version and it fixed it. Even if you turn off cloudfire it will take a while for the domain to replicate to new dns ; so i usually just talk to cloudfire first.

Hi,

We would generally recommend excluding the admin url from CloudFlare. We have a beta feature called Page Rules that will allow you to do this. If you activate Page Rules in your account, you can then find the option to access Page Rules in the settings for the domain. To exclude wp-admin, for example, you would drop the rule in like this:

yourdomain.com/wp-admin/* (make sure to include the *).
Turn all of the security and performance options off (byass cache) with the drop downs and toggle.

Wow… thanks :slight_smile: done done done!

"Wow… thanks done done done! "

Glad to help:)