WordPress Template Page Creations Issue (Odd)

Hello everyone!

I have created two new template files called “Cover Page” and “Cover Page 2” with the names “cover_page.php” and “cover_page_2.php” respectively.

Then I created two pages inside the dashboard>Add Pages
I created a Page-5 with the new Template (Cover Page as declared in the comment area). Also
I created a Page-4 with the new Template(Cover Page 2 as declared in the comment area).
I then added them both in the main menu. Now I can see both in the main menu.

BUT there is one BIG odd thing surfaces. One of these newly created Template pages is displayed with its page name (as age-5) with the complete address in the URL. But the other page name (Page-4) is displayed with the page name of (custom-page)

This is very odd for me. Also the custom-page pushes itself some pixels down.

What is happening?

Please Help!

Do not reply

I have solved the issue.

The problem was in the fine names I used for the new templates. we must not use the underscores in the file names because this will cause the wordpress to think or consider them as special custom files. I just removed those underscores and used hyphens. Both problems (show the words 'custom-page" and “pushing the whole page some pixels down”) were solved.

I followed following link and read the topic “filename”
http://codex.wordpress.org/Page_Templates

Thanks for reading

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.