Wordpress: tools for building multiple sites at once

Hello everyone,

Can the Wordpress experts here give me some insight on what they are doing and/or bundles (wamp, xampp, bitnami) or multisite solutions they are using to create several different domain Wordpress sites at one time?

Thank you for any advice you’re willing to offer.
Brian

ITBrian,

Have you tried WO multisite? You can run several WP sites on one installation. Not sure if that was what you were looking for. Here is an article from Mashable about it.

Best,

Shawn

Shawn,

I have had this setup for a while, but I wasn’t sure on how to use it. Thank you for this link!

Brian

I just wrote a post in the "how to do WP locally thread in this forum that explains what I do:

Bob,

I don’t know the shortcode API and since you mention your shortcode, yet do not provide it, your post useless to me.

Thanks,
Brian

Well, your post here isn’t exactly the high point of human utility either :wink:

I was asking a question any beginner might ask. The utility of the answers or lack there of, doesn’t fall to me, if falls to the people who answer my question. Shawn’s answer works. You’re solution should be just that, a solution, not a complete thought without you providing the tools required to build your solution. Why would you assume that I would know how to write shortcode API given the question I asked?

Well, good luck getting WP multisite to work, especially using it to dev multiple sites at once.

BTW, I tossed it into git, just because:

Too advanced for me man. I’m sure it’ll be useful for someone else further along than I am.