Wordpress Vs Joomla Vs Drupal

What do you think which CMS is better?
I prefer WordPress as it is easy to customize and userfriendly.The biggest advantage that non technical person can also easily customize the website.
But i want to know what you people think ?
Please Cast your vote.

Wordpress for less complicated sites with fewer requirements.
Joomla for slightly more complex applications, or where you might require/prefer a more modular format for the site structure.
Drupal for a more complex application where you need greater level of control, along with a more modular structure (as with Joomla).

We have this topic come up every week, by the way.

Just to add to my point about the “modular” site structure.

A lot of people like wordpress for their sites, because of the way it’s structured and how it is conceptualized. In Wordpress, content is, generally speaking, either in the form of a post or a page – and that’s easy enough for people to grasp, hence it’s reputation for being user-friendly … mostly by those who’s site content fits within the concept of either a post or a page, and that is what you’re dealing with primarily. Which is probably about 90% of the sites out there.

Joomla and Drupal both allow for that as well, but they have the ability to take things in a different direction, and allow you to conceptualize and architect your site as a series of “blocks” (and drupal literally calls them that). So instead of just looking at any given page as a list of posts, or as a grouping of site content as outlined in a template file … you have the ability to construct it as a series of “regions.” Each region of a page has a name, and the administrator has the ability to assign blocks of content to each region. They also have the ability to activate or deactivate certain regions for each page (i.e. home page has header, footer, spotlight, featured products, etc.) … and you have the ability to activate or deactivate regions very easily for each page fairly easily.

In addition, you can assign different content to the various regions depending on the page: i.e. “On the about page, I want region B to have an image slideshow, while on the company history page, I want region B to have the external links menu, while on the contact page, I don’t want to use region B at all.”

This is not to say that you don’t have this ability in Wordpress. You absolutely do, but it’s just not set up as well for that kind of architecture. It would require more custom code in the template files, along with the creation of some custom content types … and/or the designation of categories or tags to determine where things might be placed on any given page. Either way, it’s just not the most intuitive way to work with Wordpress – and that’s not a bug, but rather a feature. For my own purposes, the modular (or “page regions”) architecture works better for certain types of sites, and worse for others. On the plus side, it gives the site admin more granular control … but on the minus side, it can add to the complexity of the site for a less experienced user … or it can make it more complex than it needs to be for even the more experienced user.

When the novice Wordpress user asks “how do I create a custom home page?” … that’s a by-product of it’s less-modular architecture. And that might be the first question from a lot of people coming to wordpress from the world of joomla or drupal. On the flip-side … to those coming from Wordpress to Joomla or Drupal, the first question they might ask is “I just want to know how to make a page. That’s all I want to do.” So in a lot of ways it really is 6 or one or half-dozen of the other … not all sites are the same, and no single tool is necessarily going to be the best for every possible job.

Hi!
I have used all of these, well for small site wordpress is best also it’s easy to use and customize as you mentioned, and for complex projects i.e. with more traffic or may be clustered environment, I will recommend Drupal or simply Drupal has no match ( I do not represent Drupal), but I have used many CMS even java based but found Drupal as the best one, easy to customize and extend, more bigger community you can find help and can not get stuck, Joomla is also good but still Drupal is the Best

I’ve been using Joomla for 3 months before, and recently I switched to WordPress. I never thought managing a site could be so much simpler. Joomla felt good before I touched WP, which won hands down. As to Drupal, I only heard that it is more complicated, so while I don’t need anything super-customised, I’ll stick with WordPress.

Wordpress is much easier in use, but when it comes to something bigger, I mean if you would like to grow the business, you’ll need to migrate to Joomla, as drupall is the most difficult in managing.