Worried about my domain name

I’m worried my domain name might be confusing or not keyword appropriate. The domain is jobsallover - but the site containsarticles about making more money - not finding actual jobs. If anything it is about avoiding jobs(which I suppose could be a job in itself). If most of my keywords are make extra money, make money online, etc etc - should I consider a domain change before I get in too deep with advertising my domain name? I’m worried that my changes of legitimate rankings in a SERP will be hurt without having a keyword in my domain. Advice?

How about something like [noparse]more-money-making.com[/noparse]? If you are worried about keywords in your domain, might as well go the whole hog. That one is available. I get the sense that search engines can better distinguish the keywords if there are hyphens between, but others may agree/disagree with that.

Personally, I’m not a big believer in the keywords in domain name for SEO. I’m sure it plays a positive role, but it’s still just one factor. Something like “more money making com” will still be of help only on a limited number of pages you create, because they will actually focus on other keywords/keyphrases.

The main problem with the domain you currently have is that it can easily be misconstrued as being a site that is all about jobs opportunities. It may turn some people off from clicking on links to it: “I’m not looking for a job, I want to make money on my own”.

That is a valid point which I have thought about quite a bit. Originally, it was going to be a job search site. Here is my thinking - tell me if this makes sense.

With so many “earn money” scam sites out there, there is a ton of skepticism clicking links for ways to “MAKE MONEY FAST”. If I want quality visitors, I think my chances are better keeping those traditonal “earn money” keywords out of my domain. If you’re given two links with the same description of “Simple ways to get paid” - and one link is makingmoneyfast.com and another jobsallover.com, which would you be more likely to click? This of course is only a fair question if you have seen scamming “earn money fast” sites and are skeptical(which I always am). In this aspect I think I am better off with keeping some of those keywords out of my domain name. My only concern is losing some quality SEO. Thoughts?

I agree. To avoid being overlooked, keep these generic terms out of your keyword all together. It will make you seem more legitimate in visitors’ eyes and will definitely increase traffic flow.

Not a big fan of the name. Not too catchy.

Suggestions?

I suggest to the 2nd reply. The number 1 rule for today especially in domain name is put your keyword in it or at least there’s one.
It help you top your keyword easily without SEO.

The number 1 rule for today especially in domain name is put your keyword in it or at least there’s one.

I can’t agree to that. Keyword in a domain is only going to be of marginal importance. If you build a good site that people willingly link to, you don’t need a keyword in it. The best sites/services are not built around “keywords”: apple, google, facebook etc. As you can see, the words themselves have no relevance, they’re not what people will naturally search for.

There are many methods available today to have your site appear in the range of keywords where you think that it will receive the best association. I wouldn’t get too hung up on the proper domain because with the right SEO methods you can make sure that your “job site” doesn’t get associated with make money fast and other job scam associated sites. Choose a domain that has the best association for your niche but then also make sure you use SEO methods that will strengthen your efforts and put you in the right category. I wouldn’t rely on only one tactic such as the keywords in my domain to get properly ranked.

I know this thread is quite old, but I wanted to thank you for the advice. That makes a lot of sense and helped me realize I will be just fine keeping my domain.