WP-MU-Multi-Site breaks at

I have 24 working on 25 MU-Multi Site installs running and every thing was fine (Kudos 2 WP & WPMU) until… I got to many users ? at about 2500 - 3000 the databases start being un-processable (to big ? for mySQL ?) at 7000+ users they even load, for example (a execute database repair from cpanel )will go clear off the CPanel page (is that a server issue ?) any way I tried every thing I can find Like casheing and compressing and I even upgraded my server account to a twice the size account (a much bigger one !) and I still can’t load mySQL it times out or ?? or it says the database has 7000+ tables why is that to many ? (from this post " http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4787558#post4787558 " it does NOT sound like this is my problem ) Where do they Host I think I need a better mySQL host. I am on a HostGator reseller Silver account now. Where or what Host do they use ? and how much is it a month-year ?. My sites are all on separate cpanel accounts in said reseller account.

In said post they refer to “We use MySQL Server with databases that contain 50 million records. We also know of users who use MySQL Server with 60,000 tables and about 5,000,000,000 rows.”

I want a server with mySQL capability’s like that ! Where do I go who do I contact !

Is there a way to keep this from happening ? Like splitting the database at every 2000th user added maybe ??

It isn’t the database that is your problem - it is the type of account that you have.

A reseller account is basically a shared hosting account that allows you to resell as well.

For the volume of data/visitors that you have you should perhaps consider a VPS account or even a dedicated server of your own.

That you can run a lot more blogs on one server than you are currently doing using WP-multisite is easily demonstrated when you consider that wordpress.com is doing precisely that. With that site they do have things partitioned across a number of servers but if I remember correctly the split is with so many thousands of blogs per server and not just a couple of dozen.