Wrong results being returned

Hi,

Been working at this for a few days now, and thought it was done but; it isn’t giving me the correct/desired results. Almost ready to give up with frustration.

The problem is that no matter the value of business_id (ie no matter where it is), the query shows each listed business, as being nearby, to be the same distance away. It’s like saying I am the same distance from the North pole as anyone else here. Clearly wrong.

Quite a long query; would someone mind please telling me what I need to do to make it work. The longitude and latitude are decimal gps values.

I would appreciate any advice or suggestion that I should try this totally differently. A tip on what that way should be would be greatly welcome.

SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS 
    bd.business_id
  , bd.business
  , bd.business_sub_type
  , bd.business_category
  , bd.web_url
  , dist_mi
FROM business_details bd
 inner  
 JOIN address addr
   ON addr.business_id = bd.business_id
 left outer 
 JOIN 
   (SELECT 
       ((2 * 6378 * ASIN(d / 2 / 6378)) * 0.621371192) AS dist_mi
       , business_id
 FROM
      (SELECT
         SQRT(dx * dx + dy * dy + dz * dz) AS d
         , business_id
   FROM
        (SELECT
              p1.business_id
            , (6378 * COS(RADIANS(p1.Latitude)) * COS(RADIANS(p1.Longitude))) - (6378 * COS(RADIANS(p2.Latitude)) * COS(RADIANS(p2.Longitude)))  AS dx
            , (6378 * COS(RADIANS(p1.Latitude)) * SIN(RADIANS(p1.Longitude))) - (6378 * COS(RADIANS(p2.Latitude)) * SIN(RADIANS(p2.Longitude)))  AS dy
            , (6378 * SIN(RADIANS(p1.Latitude))) - (6378 * SIN(RADIANS(p2.Latitude))) AS dz
      FROM address AS p1
   left outer 
        JOIN address AS p2 
          ON p1.business_id = p2.business_id
        ) t1
     ) t2
  ) qq1 

on qq1.business_id = bd.business_id
  where qq1.dist_mi <= 5
     and bd.business_type = 'DiningOut'
     and bd.business_sub_type= 'Bistro'

The only data being returned wrongly is the distance measurement. All else is correct.

bazz