You Tube- social networking?

hi all,

I have a doubt. Is you tube a Social networking site? i got this doubt because we cannot directly speak to other users and we cannot directly send videos to other users in you tube. please suggest me…

thanks in advance.

You tube is a Social Media site but it is also considered as a Social networking site because it’s popular video-sharing site.

Normally, You tube is a Social Media site, but I think it is also a Social networking site.
We cannot directly send videos to other users, but it makes popular our videos.

you could socially interact with other you tube users by subscribing with their videos and as well commenting directly to their you tube clips.

Youtube I think, has always been a social networking site. Though different from any other social networking sites out there because of its video sharing features, (which has always been its purpose in the first place anyway) but the principles behind social networks are there. You can share and you can respond. You can ask for comments, you may request for comments, etc.

its is a social site in a limited way.
i think they could leverage some more social feature possibly.

IMO, we can also consider forum boards as a social networking sites because we talk with a lot of people on a open board with open discussions.

Thanks Webcosmo. It would really be great indeed if they can improve on that making it more social site like.

You Tube is a popular video sharing Social Media site. It overcomes now to a Social Networking site. You can share your own video & when it comes to popular you will get a good traffic to your site. So, more users will view your video.

Youtube never had a boomarking site in starting it was video sharing website and less popular before taking by Google after take over by Google its get boom traffic and popularity because its videos got popularity and ranked in SERP very soon.

YouTube is a video-sharing website on which users can upload, share and view videos. And ya i think it is also a social networking site as you can comment on the videos uploaded by the you tube users.

It definitely counts as social networking. My business uses it to post videos on house painting, and our customers (and even competitors) love it.

It’s a social media site. The focus is on the video content. A social networking site focuses on people and building relationships with the people within the social network.

I agree. One thing I also discover though is that subscribing channels on youtube and positively on videos on those channels can also be a way of building relationships. So although the focus is on video content but still you can somehow be a little more creative and make it a little like social networking site.

There is definitely a social component to it, although obviously it’s not as “social” as something like Facebook or Twitter.

As with all social sites, though, content is king and the people who are using YouTube as a strong social tool for promoting their businesses are the ones that are putting good content on the site for people to find and comment on.

YouTube is a social networking and media site. Create an account: link, favorite, upload, comment… all interactive with other members on the site. :slight_smile:

YouTube is a video broadcasting platform with limited social networking capabilities – and always has been.

YouTube is a video sharing website on which we can upload and share videos. It is considered as the major part of video marketing and have great potential to generate huge traffic for your site. It also stand among the top ranking social networking sites.

In my opinion, the definition of social network site is we can comment on the posts/contents, we can share the posts/contents, we can bookmark the posts/contents, etc.

Just like we can communicate with other visitors.

Youtube is a great video social network no one will not know in the world.
We can upload our video and could drive some considerable traffic to our blogs efficiently.

To your success.

I classify Youtube into a Video marketing site rather than considering into a social networking or social media site. Video marketing has become very important in SEO these days as it serves more like TV ads. Everyone loves to watch videos rather than reading a text. So the companies are trying to create interesting videos about their business or products and market them around.