Your App Failed Because People Forgot about It

However, if they lack relevancy or are delivered too often, you risk the chance of users uninstalling your app, the opposite of your intent. Tailor push notifications to what you know about the user before and at the time of sending.

I thought that was funny and great advice. Usually if I get an unsolicited Notification, my reaction is:

“Hey, thanks for letting me know I still have this app installed. Let me fix that.”

But there have been a few that have been relevant and I’ve started using the app again.

I literally just installed Tapatalk, which I installed for the old vBulletins here. I really felt like that is a pretty good example of an app that does not need to exist. It’s limited and just down right bad. Using the website on mobile browser is a far better experience.

Not everything needs and app and not everything needs a mobile version (responsive design aside). Mobile Phones and Tablets have browsers and they work pretty freaking well.

However, I can’t say I agree with this either though. Wrappers are pretty great for the people who need an app for everything or just want a quick link to the site. Or if they need some sort of basic notification functionality built in.

Now if you go to a site and they have one of those terrible “download our app!” popups and it turns out to just be a Wrapper, then well… that’s something different. lol Sadly, I’ve seen this happen more often than not with those alerts.