Your Favourite Saying, Quote or Proverb Part 2

I was just pondering some of my favourite quotes, had a quick search, discovered not surprisingly this topic has been visited before but since the thread was so old I thought I’d start a new one. And besides sequels can be fun.

So what’s your favourite saying, quote or proverbs?
To kick it off my fav is:

“I like deadlines. I like the swooshing sound they make as they fly past.” Douglas Adams

“Nobody can go back and start new begning, But Anybody can start today and make a new ending”

I don’t have the exact saying, but the paraphrasing is

“Each person only has so much time left on the earth. Anytime they spend singing stops the clock”

“Those who tell the truth are sure—sooner or later—to be found out.”
Oscar Wilde

If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time

• Zig Ziglar

Hah, I’ve always liked that one, but you have to be him to get away with that, I have to meet my deadlines.

I like:

"Before criticising someone walk a mile in their shoes, that way when you criticise them you’ll be a mile away an have their shoes’.

:rofl:

“If life gives you a stick, use it to defend yourself” -Unknown

“Do, or do not. There is no ‘try.’”
Yoda

Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius. -Mozart

“that’s what ~she~ said!”

It’s not enough to be good if you have the ability to be better.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

• Gandhi

I laugh so much when Roy says this line. The first time I heard him say it I was literally in stitches, my stomach hurt so bad from laughing. It’s so true! :rofl:

“A day without laughter is a day wasted.”

• Charlie Chaplin

“It’s a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it.”

• Somerset Maugham

And there is a whole book of motivational quotes I have too! I love quotes! :smiley:

Andrew Cooper

“The art of being wise is knowing what to forget”

sometimes life does things to you that you don’t do for life

Wow, that Somerset Maugham quote rocks!

This one is just plain fascinating to me:
“It’s easy to admire uncompromising men, but our ability to compromise is exactly what makes us noble”

No pain - no game;)

“Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Today is a Gift, That’s why it’s called the Present”

• unknown

Have you tried turning it off and on again

Roy from the IT Crowd or any other IT worker in the past 20 years.

“Anything is possible” - Kathmandu shopkeeper