Zend Framework | Navigation Breadcrumbs causes exception

Hi guys,

I’ve tried everything I can to get the standard zend breadcrumb view helper to work, but I can’t.
I’ve tried loads of tutorials, attempted to follow the Zend documentation, but I always end up with the same error.

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to Zend_View_Helper_Navigation_Menu::menu() must be an instance of Zend_Navigation_Container, string given in /home/michael/www/_libraries/Zend/View/Helper/Navigation/Menu.php on line 77

I’ve tried the following, but it doesn’t work.
http://blog.ekini.net/2009/05/25/zend-framework-making-the-built-in-breadcrumb-helper-work/

I’m using ZF 1.11.
Any help would be great.

Cheers,
Michael

Post the php?

The message states exactly what the problem is otherwise. Passing a string when an instance of Zend_Navigation_Container is expected for the method menu. Are you calling menu directly or is that function indirectly being called from framework routines. Guess we will see with the supplied PHP.

Sounds to me as if either you have not got your includes set up correctly, or you do not have Zend Navigation installed.

<?php
$container = new Zend_Navigation();
var_dump( $container );

What msg does that give you? Consider how can you prove that Zend Navigation is available to this script at all?