Zoom in and out distorting my pages. Help?

Hi there everyone! I recently had a problem with setting up the navigation bar on a site properly, and recieved excellent assistance from sitepoint forum members. Thanks to all!

I however now notice a new problem with my site. when the page is zoomed in and out, using the zoom function the navigation, as well as the content is getting moved around, and ruining the look of the page. I would like it to hopefully stay within the boundaries of the page set out for it ie: centred. I am not sure how to describe this issue properly, however here is a link to the site:

http://www.fernyhillscomputers.com.au/fordham/

Any help would, once again, be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Chris.

Zooming in and out should not be a big problem is your site works in different screen resolutions. I would recommend having it look well in 1280 X 1024 or 1024 X 768.
Also have it look nice in bigger resolutions with a nice background.
You could always use a liquid layout so that it fits with every resolution… but I am a fan of using hybrid layouts with mostly pixels as my units.

try using viewlike.us to check your site in different resolutions instead of zooming in and out.

No problem, I offered you the simplest solution of the top of my head and it looks like you now have a new skill regarding the use of wrappers - glad it worked.

Yeah, thanks for the responses. I took your advice and used a wrapper.
I really appreciated all you help!

Thanks again.
Chris

It is looking a lot better than it did before and about the only thing wrong now is the you can see the text or contents behind (above) the navigation menu at high Zoom but I don’t think that matters too much.

Hi again. I tried using a wrapper - had to find out what this was and where to put it, but it didnt seem to work. Any other ideas?

Chris

It is a little dangerous having such a large background image my screen doesn’t show the Barbara Fordham image or text slices here face-off (at normal 100% let alone Zoom).

Also there is quite a lot of malformed markup in there. Perhaps you should consider fixed positioning the background image with CSS or making a wrapper.

Hey thanks for getting back to me so quick!

yeah the background was a bit crappy. I was actually in the process of changing it. Sorry about that.
Here is the link again. http://www.fernyhillscomputers.com.au/fordham/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=3
From what you said though, it sounds like I have quite a bit of work/ learning to do. This template was purchased off portfoliodesign.org, and hence I was hoping it would work properly right out of the box.
Just wondering if you could give me some pointers on where to start?

Thanks again,
Chris.