Flat Design Colour Combinations - Suggestions Requested

I’m working on something at the moment that is more or less a flat design report page for work. You can see the basis of that here on my Codepen -

The dummy logo contains two colours in it a mid/dark blue #004990, and a kind of orangey/red colour #d9531e - on the Codepen, the header bar should be showing in the blue, and the dummy logo, shows the orange circle.

I need to get a good colour balance for the rest of the page, mainly to make the tabular data easy to read. As you can see, it’s showing a selection of grey tones at the moment.

I’d like something that’s going to look clean and business like, whilst working well with the logo colours - currently, I’m not too keen on that blue for the header bar and have been looking at darker versions for it.

Can anyone clue me in to a good combination?

PS. I know the Codepen is a little broken currently, but it should serve the purpose. My real version works fine.

Hi,

When working with my clients on a new site choosing colors everyone is happy with is actually the hardest part. Everyone likes something different so more decision makers harder color pallet.

Finally I had them play around with this online with me on the phone and everyone found a good option. Also if you think the colors may look wired just try a sample anyway. Our end colors are not the original idea colors. Way supprised how things ended with everyone happy.

1 Like

That’s an interesting looking site. I’ll take a closer look and see if it gets me where I’d like to be.

That’s a really useful site - I can see me getting somewhere with that - a very many thanks

Good luck I hope it works out for you. I know it helped me a lot.

Agree with Ohnoo, more and more suggestion makes it harder to decide what to do. The online tool is just fantastic and it really helps you a lot. Wish you best of Luck.

Actually a website color chooses is very important. My suggest is that follow your client instruction because client Cassius here is important

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.