Live Q&A: Guilherme Müller on HTML, 5th August at 4PM (EST)

Hi!

SitePoint Premium is proud to announce a live Q&A session with Guilherme Müller hosted on this very forum. Guilherme is a teacher at SitePoint Premium and is the brains behind several highly reviewed and loved courses such as:

Do you have a HTML question you’d like answered? This Q&A session is the perfect opportunity, so please feel free to join us during this open special event.

Guilherme will be answering questions for 30 minutes on Wednesday, 5th August at 4 PM (EST). No need to go anywhere else, the discussion will be held in this thread.

To ensure that your question is answered we’re accepting questions submitted before-hand, as well as on the day. If you have a question, please submit it using this form, or alternatively you can ping us on Twitter (@sitepointdotcom), Slack or email me (angela.molina@sitepoint.com) ahead of the event.

Not sure when this event is taking place in your timezone? No problem, this link will be able to help. Not familiar with Premium? Explore our offerings and take advantage of our $1 Premium trials.

Hope to see you here for the event!

5 Likes

Feel free to post your questions for Guilherme below!

Hi Guilherme,
I have taken some of your courses for refreshers. My question is this: with all the new fandangled things out there to build websites, how much longer do you think HTML will be used for just that. With Word Press, Grid, etc being so popular, I wondered what your thoughts are. I had a client look at me in disbelief when I told her I had just built a website in HTML5 for her business neighbor.
Made me feel like a real dinosaur.
What are your thoughts on this and perhaps a good comeback for folks like that? hehee
Thanks,
Jana

4 Likes

Hi Guilherme,

There’s been a some discussion here on SPF recently regarding the newer HTML5 semantic tags and the best way of using them, as opposed to <div> tags as we might have done previously. How have these impacted your own workflow and what benefits/costs do you believe these have brought for you and your clients?

3 Likes

Hi Guilherme (again),

If you were going to recommend the best way for someone to learn RWD from the ground up, with a view to ensuring they have a solid structural foundation for it, what learning resources would you recommend?

2 Likes

We seem to be seeing great leaps forward with CSS these days, particularly with animation. How do you see the HTML specification changing going forward, or is it the case that browser developers still need to implement what the specification already says?

1 Like

What are the most common HTML mistakes you tend to see from developers these days, and are there lessons from the past that have still not been learned?

2 Likes

Hey Guilherme, what HTML tags are you least likely to use and why?

1 Like

Hello Guilherme! Is there any HTML element that we should carefully consider to use as we build a website for mobile?

Here’s one more question. How can I deal with HTML Media if JavaScript is disabled in a web browser?

1 Like

Hi Guilherme,
Are we going to see <picture> element in near future ?

When will we see some replies to our questions?

:blush:

From the time of my post, there is 1 hour and 38 minutes until this starts.

As stated in the first post, this starts at 4PM eastern, with a link to check what time that is in your timezone :wink: .

2 Likes

Soon! :wink:

3 Likes

Can you give an example of how to caption an image underneath and how to wrap the text. In addition, how can this be done for one or more rows without having a staggered look. I assume the use of .row property with 2 column per row. Thanks

Hi Everyone!

As it’s time for our Q&A I wanted to first welcome Guilherme Müller (@guilherme) who is joining us all the way from Brazil. Welcome!

Also joining us is Aleksia Barron (@aleksia) who will be sharing questions collected from our social channels. If you have one on Twitter, don’t forget to tweet with #askguilherme.

Let’s get started!

7 Likes

Thank you Angela. Hello Everyone!

4 Likes

Hi Guilherme

2 Likes

Hello

1 Like

Hi Guilherme