2-way authentication

I am thinking of implementing 2-way authentication in my web app…besides email I will ask for the user’s phone to and verify it with SMS message…

And here is the problem to the above scheme(from a business view)…
The users if the app will have a trial period of 2-3 months…meaning cash flow after these 2-3 months.

Which means I have to cover the cost of the sms service before I have started making any money out of the app. Am I saying it correctly?If that is the case what are my alternatives based on your experience?

You could not do SMS confirmation.

I don’t like giving my phone number to companies, I usually get spam at some point.

1 Like

One-time passwords can be delivered not only in SMS on e-mail. Pay attention to the Android/iOS app Protectimus SMART. It is free, you will pay only for the software part of the two-factor authentication solution from Protectimus, but it is not very expensive if compared to their business rivals. Also, this company works on the implementation of OTP delivery via Push messages. I advise you to talk to them, I guess they will help you to find an advantageous way out.

Try to use authenticator App if possible for your users. It will save your costing of SMS.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.