Asked to convert site to wordpress

I was asked to design the site,

so that it would be better…
Since im pretty new to wordpress, I decided this would be a good learning opportunity for me, sso I started and this is what ?I have so far
http://fixmysite.us/gmpc/wordpress/
/i hit sort of a stumblung block when it came to the menu in the header,
How do I put a menu there?
And my guess is since the home page has a flash slideshow, i’d create a template for it and make it so only the loop shows the last post.

Are you trying to redesign the menu? Or simply add links? If you’re simply looking to add links you should find that menu area in the Wordpress Admin under Appearance>Menus

As far as the slider, I would suggest using Nivo Slider For Wordpress. Should be simple enough for you to activate as its just a plugin.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask!

thanks

Did everything work out for you?

Ya, cept now trying to float the sidebar,
http://fixmysite.us/gmpc/wordpress/?page_id=43
to the right so that the (Content) wraps around the calendar (like a floated image)

Can you help?

Do you mean creating a “sidebar” so that the main content is limited to the width up until the calendar, or literally wrapping around the calendar widget like it would in a Text Document? If the latter you could probably achieve it with a { display: block; } attribute (since your Widget is floated it will not be affected by it).

Ya, its the latter, but since its a widget, dont I have to put it in the sidebar?
I’ll explain what im trying to do and tell me what way I should do it.
On all my wordpress pages id like to place that calendar thingon the right so that #contert flows under it (like a floated image)
So I created a page.css stylesheet and in it I have,
Content {
margin:0;
}
#primary {
display: block;
} and call it by placing this code in my header.php

<?php if (is_page()) { ?>
<link href="<?php echo get_stylesheet_directory_uri() ?>/page.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<?php } ?>