Blog Comments

Getting people to comment on blogs who are not spammers can be quite a tiring task to achieve.

Generally users will be less inclined to comment on the blog if they notice that no-one else has made a comment before. However, if the blog is riddled with the same spammy comments, then a user may not comment as well.

One way to increase the likelihood of getting a comment on your blog is to end your article with a question or open ended, inviting the user to start a discussion on your topic / subject.

Another way is to offer a link back. You could even start up a competition on your blog for the best comments and reward users who provide rich informative comments on your blog.

Most importantly though, you need to have traffic coming to your blog in order to increase the number of comments. No traffic = no comments.

people will queue to comment on your blog if you establish your name in the chosen topic. So, make yourself famous for something among other bloggers, for instance, by commenting in other popular blogs but to the point and render deep thoughts.

sometimes comments are not there because if no one starts commenting no one starts it
and where one comment is there people make comments on that comment and so on

Let them know that you are offering back links to their sites, people want to comment only on the blogs which allow “Do Follow” links

If the only reason someone comments on my blog post is for a link, then I would just as soon they don’t bother to comment at all.

Or you can use this if you are using wordpress. Like said this can increase comments received. :slight_smile:

However, like also said above, it is up to you whether or not the commenter’s main objective is to get back links. If you do not want them to just post comments for back links, then this plugin is not for you.

To get sufficient comments, you have to promote your blog. Many of us think that its enough to post a topic. You should submit your blog in different places. It’s very important that people come to know about your blog. You can start by inviting your friends or people you know. Social media is another great platform which could help you to get more comments to your blog.

Great advices! Thanks so much!

Well, I have been doing the commenting for the past couple of days. For that, I’m looking forward to seeing good results and gaining back some good comments too for my blog. Keeping the faith and never giving up in writing some more comments. :slight_smile:

What does it mean when the majority of your commenters include links to their own sites. Are they spammers or legitimate commenters. It is hard to tell now that they come up with these clever comments and do it often on your blog posts. Sometimes you wonder if they are giving valid input or just link farming.

If the comment is appropriate and meaningful then leave the comment in, it is a small price to pay to give them a link.

In return their comment might start a discussion.

Sometimes I add a small comment to sites I visit, out of habit I leave my website link, but it does not mean that I am link farming.
But I would be quite annoyed to have my comment removed because the mod was a bit too strict in his moderation.

FFMG

I think you have raised very much logical point regarding comment because blog owner sees comment and does not find any relevancy to the post as far as comment is concerned it has been approved by administrator.

i think that if the content is interesting to someone then he/she may comment on the post, its simple as that. Also with so many internet marketers and seo people out there you should expect spammy comments on your blog posts.

The best answer for this topic is you should allow Do-Follow blog commenting on your blog and make recent comments tab into your homepage and other pages than everyone will start commenting on your blog to increase their backlinks and also SEO purpose.

Well, in relation to making comments also is that there many instances wherein kinds of comments saying more of an approval and appreciation about the blog post. It doesn’t make too much of an additional info instead it’s more of a affirmation or confirmation.

So as a an admin, is it too much to do to approve the comment? Well for me, even if it’s not that informative comment, I would still approve it. As long as it’s well written, doesn’t use foul language and giving reactions whatsoever is also fine with me. :slight_smile:

That’s the best answer if you are talking about SEO, but not the best answer if you are talking about generating Interactive Content.

Its all about your blog content and discussion with other peoples. If you post relevant and good discussing post into your blog than you can get many comments from other peoples.

Blog comments are what make a blog interactive and social. The most popular blogs have a very interactive community who voice their opinions on posts frequently. It’s that social aspect that makes blogs such a powerful component of the social web. People like to feel involved. Leaving blog comments allows readers to join in on the conversation about a topic that interests them.

i prefer to use disques. its easy for my reader to post it

You can always add a little humor and when that doesn’t work try a quote. When your readers recognize a name they might be more inclined to participate.

Generally, people like to comment on the articles they are interested in and may be good at. To me, I like to read short and clear-impressed blog content. So the purpose and the target is very important.