C++ in browser or not?

I am trying to understand the capabilities of C++ programing. I had learned some of C in college. I currently do web development and also develop a lot in FlileMaker. Recently my business had the need to create an application that from a web browser can store a user’s audio (from there microphone) in an online database (something like PHP and MySQL). We looked at Flash and Flex but know solid direction came from that. I then wondered if I know about enough things that could make this possible. I know that C++ and Java can do things with web browsers and mobile applications. As for C++ I have wanted to learn it for a while and think it will me achieve to many development goals. For now I would like to know could C++ be helpful in recording user audio via the web? Could someone suggest a technology that is used for this? Thanks

No. You can use C++ orJava as a server-side language. But you need some kind of client-side technology to record audio. I think Flash is the most obvious solution.

Great, I appreciate the info. I have similar feedback saying that Flash and what is available via Flex may be the best choice for that! Thanks

Errr well you can… but you probably shouldn’t. I renders out to some awful HTML/CSS/JS, but it’s pretty widely used.

Google Web Toolkit (GWT)

There is also Vaadin and Wicket.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.