Do not use godaddy.com

All my domains at godaddy(Nice price and CP),but no hosting here.

I am buying all my domains from godaddy, and had no problem with it, I didnt try hosting with them but thinking to start reseller hosting with them, someone tried reseler hosting at Godaddy ?

Yeah that was pretty dumb I know

After I threw my hand up in the air and moved my hosting to hostgator everything has been fine. I am know in the middle of getting a VPS server happening for reselling purposes.

Everywhere I here bad things about godaddy. I hope they are taking notice but it might be good for the rest of us.

Yeah, I don’t think anything named ‘goDaddy’ can be good, you know?

That name is really bad, reminds me of getTheHellOuttaHereDaddy hahah

Anyways, so you do recommend hostgator?

I am thinking about using them :slight_smile:

I needed support once and got live support with-in 15 minutes and they answered my question well. It can be hard sometimes to find answers with the site help files, but it’s only minor. I thought they were worth recomending. P.S they never send you spam either.

Great to see Godaddy here! My problem is fixed now but if it ever happened again I will let you know. I buy my domain somewhere else now anyway but thanks - its good you are tyring to help.

Thank you for your review :smiley:

How can sucha big company be a waste??
I am currently thinking of moving my blog to Go daddy which I surely will…

I have used godaddy to host a couple of sites and the register domains for a while.

They are a decent place to register names, imo

The hosting is cheap cheaper then anyone I know, but it can be a pain to use I don’t like the software they use a lot of times the java won’t load and it is slow… to open file viewers.

The amount of ads and advertising is annoying.

But I have a few sites that are just 5 to 10 pages of html and they just need somewhere cheap to sit and godaddy is good for that.

I wouldn’t recommend them for wordpress or anything that needs sql.

The customer support has always been good for me a lot better then hostgator.

Godaddy should only be used for domain registrations {snip}

Regardless of anything, i would support the OP and say do not host with godaddy…they’re for domains, lets let them know their place…

I use them for cheap domains but not for hosting… haven’t had an issue so far, but then with any company some people will have exceptional experiences and some won’t… I’ve not had any bad experiences so I’m happy to continue to purchase domains from them :slight_smile:

Godaddy is good for booking domain names compared to hosting services.

I do not recommend GoDaddy for sites using Drupal. Amongst others, it takes a while for a single page to load with no graphics to load.

I know someone who when they wanted to change registrars, godaddy prevented them from taking their domains elsewhere (basically domain stealing); it was a couple of years ago though. But I’ve also heard a lot of bad press with godaddy so have always steered clear of them, perhaps they have changed, perhaps not.

I use daily.co.uk, their cheap, very good support, and being British I like to support our businesses if possible :stuck_out_tongue:

Godaddy are fine, users are just impatient/non-skilled who think they are so horrible.

They provide the best domain management console ive ever come across, and the hosting systems are great for the FIRST time web developer…

Support is also great via telephone…

I have used godaddy for domains and I haven’t received any problem yet.Godaddy is best for domains.

i have 75 domain names from GoDaddy, they never send me promotion emails. you have to choose not to recieve emails from GoDaddy at the end of checkout. Yes, its truth that GoDaddy try to sale you more products or service during your check out. but its easy to avoid that just by press continue check out, just igonor their offers. :lol:

I’ve only ever tried to host one domain with GoDaddy, It was a nightmare and I ended up writing about it in some length on my blog. Everything from finding what nameservers to use to actually adding a few e-mail accounts was long winded and convoluted beyond anything you could reasonably expect. I put it down to experience and moved the site elsewhere after 2 days.

OK as a domain registrar but probably the worst hosts I’ve dealt with.

So from the posts here it seems like godaddy should not be the choice for hosting.