Does buying Facebook likes really work?

Thread Message: Hi, recently i have found that lot of companies are opting to buy Facebook likes <snip>. Is this a good strategy to improve Facebook likes? I have seen some of them are providing the number of likes, they are promising in their packages but would it matter for the business?

1 Like

Hi Rajaraj567.

Does buying Facebook likes really work?

Work to do what? It may work to increase you like count, but I doubt that it works to do anything else. :slight_smile:

No, purchased likes arenā€™t going to help you out over the long term. Donā€™t under estimate the smarts of your customers or it will come around and bite you in the backside. I rarely look at a Facebook post because others have ā€˜likedā€™ it and I certainly donā€™t click like because others have clicked it ahead of me. In fact, I have ā€˜unlikedā€™ quite a few well-liked FB pages simply because I got tired of their spammy content cluttering my newsfeed.

If you want likes that will bring business your way, be sure your content is interesting to those who would genuinely like what you have to say, whether you are looking for likes for you page or leads to your website.

Rajaraj,

If your goal is to build a brand online or engage fans on facebook then no, buying likes does not work. Essentially (as mentioned by ralph) it increases your followers however those may be fake accounts, hacked accounts or simply people that donā€™t care about your fan page. Further, facebook has been taking a more active stance in recent years to crack down on these kinds of operations.

Best,

Shawn

Facebook likes are seen as one of the major factors which contribute to the growth of a fan page.

If a fan page has good content and good fans, there is a good chance that people will blindly follow the page and share the posts and images.

We started with Images and illustrations affecting common people on daily basis and then we did buy a few likes as well as fb ads to promote our fan page. Once it got rolling, there was no looking back.

One of the best examples I can give is The page called Garbage Bin.

The page was started in 2010 and has since then gathered 300k and is getting more and more likes everyday.

I am an admin of that page :smiley:

In my opinion it doesnā€™t work at all. Itā€™s much better if you gain FB likes in more natural way. Publish goo conteent, interesting stuff like pictures, vidoes, infographics and peeople will share it. Thatā€™s the key to the success.

I donā€™t think it is going to benefit you in any way. The users who will like the page will not be even having a network of friends in their circle and more importantly, when you purchase such likes from a specific provider, he is having multiple fake account which he uses to increase the likes of your page.

I think as long as the likes are from real people. It will surely work. Some people sell fb likes but fake.

Gotta wonder if you read any of the posts before yours? When everyone else says fake likes donā€™t work, why would you say they do? Have they worked for you?

I know some people who offer fb likes but not from a real account. They mostly just create bunch of fb accounts and use that accounts to like a certain page.

And yes, real likes worked. I have a fan page for my anime streaming site. I post new episodes in my page and when people saw thereā€™s a new episode they just click the one i shared to watch it.

But did you buy ā€œpeopleā€? And if so, how do you know they are the ones clicking things or interacting?

My oppinion is that bought FB likes dont work, usually its fake people. Real people likes on the other hand, sure, their real friends will see their likesā€¦

i have seen the same services every next day on marketplace forums for buying facebook likes, sometimes people specifically create guest postings for such services but i really dont get one thing that from where they get LIKES for the people who buy their services?

Fake profiles, hacked or compromised accounts, like trading schemes, paid usersā€¦

It is and probably you will get the likes, but do they help you? Cause this situation is the same with seo. You can get a lot of traffic out there but if itā€™s not targeted or people just come once ā€¦ it wonā€™t help you to much.

does it make any sense to grab such LIKES for facebook page, maybe its just an idea how to grab the real LIKES when one sees the fan page with thousands of LIKES unaware of its fake status.

Few people visit pages and your counts donā€™t show on the wall where your posts life & die. Without the response to actual posts itā€™s a status few will see and means even less.

At the same time Facebook is actively ranking your page to determine visibility of posts based primarily on engagement. Fill up with fake fans and you just lower your exposure to real ones.

No, buying facebook likes does not help you. Its only to increase you followers on the fanpage but that may be fake facebook account. So, donā€™t go for buying facebook likes.

No. itā€™s better if you advertise using fb ads than buying likes :slight_smile:

I see many very well established business with only a couple of hundred likes, and then I see an unknown company with hundreds of thousands of likes. That being said you can only assume that the unknown is either buying likes or using other ways to increase their count. Unfortunately for those unknowns, they donā€™t seem to have much interaction between their users.