Domain not resolving properly

Hello,
i have changed DNS for my domain morethan 1month back but still its not resolving properly.

i change from host A to host B and with in 2days i am back to host A
now i changed it to host C but still site points to host B.

when i access using proxy ( US proxies) site working pointing to host C,
but when i access here (india) its still pointing to host B,
and this is a huge loss for me.

it points to host C, just 1-2hours a day but i want it to point forever.

any one knows the reason? or have idea how to fix this?

thanks.

Somewere a resolver is caching the lookup. The problem is finding out where.

Start by going to a neighbor, or public computer nearby and see if anything changes.

If that duplicates the problem, you need to expand to other places until you can pinpoint the resolver that is not updating.

Once you do that, you will have to figure out how get the people responsible to fix it.

In the meantime for your purposes, you can map the name to the ip on your computer.

thanks for the response,
its showing old server even in some of my neighbours.

In the meantime for your purposes, you can map the name to the ip on your computer.

how can i do that?

You can do it by editing the hosts file.

It is located at

%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\ in Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/7

The file name is “hosts” with no extension.

It may be set to “read only” which you have to change.

You may need admin privileges to edit/save it. If running vista, open your favorite text editor by selecting and “run as administrator”.

create a line that says:

123.123.123.123       yourdomain.com

where 123.123.123.123 is the ip or your domain

the number of spaces between the ip and yourdomain is not important, just use a few

You can get more information at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_file or Google some of the terms there

If you go to http://dnsstuff.com/ and type in your domain it should provide you with all the info on how the domain is configured. That will tell you where the problem is.

You may want to check via http://network-tools.com/ to see if your site is resolving at all. Your ISP may have an old cache. Try doing the following command in Command Prompt (Windows).

ipconfig /flushdns

Hello,
my damn :frowning:

my site showing old data in DNS records and it has 3 errors it seems

dnsstuff shows 3 errors but they charge to see/fix them :frowning:

so how can i update my dns settings? ( i have already changed them in domain control panel)

Domain name control panel is the place like indicator, checck through whois. Also I think that you can to check that trough domaintools
keep contacting dnsstuff
May I ask you what domain name registrar is used?

resellerclub

Hello,
again i have to raise post :frowning:

is there any alternative for dnstools.com?
dnstools shows my site has 3 errors, but to fix them i need to pay,
is there any free solution for that?

thanks.

If you are referring to dnsstuff.com, they have a 21 day free trial.

That doesn’t cost anything.

You can use iptools.com to check whois and name servers.

Hello,
i have signed up with dnsstuff for trial and it shows following errors.

Missing (stealth) nameservers
FAIL: You have one or more missing (stealth) nameservers. The following nameserver(s) are listed (at your nameservers) as nameservers for your domain, but are not listed at the parent nameservers (therefore, they may or may not get used, depending on whether your DNS servers return them in the authority section for other requests, per RFC2181 5.4.1). You need to make sure that these stealth nameservers are working; if they are not responding, you may have serious problems! The DNSreport will not query these servers, so you need to be very careful that they are working properly.

ns1.domain.com.
ns2.domain.com.
This is listed as an ERROR because there are some cases where nasty problems can occur (if the TTLs vary from the NS records at the root servers and the NS records point to your own domain, for example).

Missing nameservers 2

ERROR: One or more of the nameservers listed at the parent servers are not listed as NS records at your nameservers. The problem NS records are:
ns1.way2freshers.com.
ns2.way2freshers.com.

Stealth NS record leakage

Your DNS servers leak stealth information in non-NS requests:

Stealth nameservers are leaked [ns1.lorvent.com.]!
Stealth nameservers are leaked [ns2.lorvent.com.]!

This can cause some serious problems (especially if there is a TTL discrepancy). If you must have stealth NS records (NS records listed at the authoritative DNS servers, but not the parent DNS servers), you should make sure that your DNS server does not leak the stealth NS records in response to other queries.

can anyone tell me how to fix them please please please.
its morethan 2months, iam facing problems and losing money :frowning: