Doubts in Off Page Work

Hello Firends,

This is very regular question only but am asking again because one of my friend said before a week. He asked me to do Directory and Bookmarking. Is til worth to do these off page work?

It very much depends on what you consider to be “worth”
Please explain in further detail

[quote=Google]
Additionally, creating links that weren’t editorially placed or vouched for by the site’s owner on a page, otherwise known as unnatural links, can be considered a violation of our guidelines. Here are a few common examples of unnatural links that may violate our guidelines:

• Text advertisements that pass PageRank

• Advertorials or native advertising where payment is received for articles that include links that pass PageRank

• Links with optimized anchor text in articles or press releases distributed on other sites…

• Low-quality directory or bookmark site links

[/quote](My bold.)

Bookmarking and directory submission will provide more traffic to your website but remember that Bookmarking and Directory submission site should be High pr and social.

1 Like

PR is calculated per page, not per site. So a directory may have a high PR home page, but the internal pages, where your link will be, are likely to be very low PR. Also bear in mind that Google places very little value on links which you can place yourself. The most valuable backlinks are those which you earn, by having great content which other sites choose to link to. (And, of course, you need to bear in mind Coogle’s guidelines in my post above.)

Do only quality submissions, Off page matters a lot in SEO, Do not do directories a lot because free submissions take much time to approve your link. Concentrate on high pr social bookmarking and use link variations in your submissions. Do quality off page work instead of bulk submissions.

still its worthy ways but choose do follow and having high PR directory and bookmarking sites

Be careful about linkbuilding in Social bookmarking. Because there have lot’s of crappy social bookmarking website which can make you zero. Also Directory website will do that. But There have really good directory and social bookmarking website which can rank you fast. Try to find them :smile:

In SEO Off Page task are very important. You can use various ways to build links for your site. But if you done Bookmarking and Directory submission for your website then always remember that you choose those sites that have High PR and index in Google. Because high pr and indexed sites give excellent result to our website. You can also use other ways link business listing, classified ads submission, blog commenting etc. These are are give very good link or traffic to our website

Did you bother to read the other replies before posting?

[quote=“TechnoBear, post:5, topic:113313”]
PR is calculated per page, not per site. So a directory may have a high PR home page, but the internal pages, where your link will be, are likely to be very low PR.
[/quote]If you want to disagree with that, then please explain your reasons, but simply to repeat a comment which has already been made and refuted adds nothing to the discussion. Such posts are likely to be removed, to prevent the topic becoming endlessly repetitive.

1 Like

I suspect your opinion. Google’s Toolbar PageRank is not updated since dec, 2013 and probably won’t update in future. So, if you find a website of PR5, it may have zero PR (If Google still consider PR for SERP) in actual. And, PR0 website may have good SEO value.

And, Targeting DoFollow links in Directory/Bookmarking sites, may leads your website to risk rather than increasing SERP.

Low Quality Directories / bookmarking sites ofcourse cannot be chosen for off page work.
You can look for Domain Authority of the website first before any submission. Website chosen for off page work should have good visitors from Search Engines. If that so, you can surely submit your URL in this website.

All the Best :smile:

Directory and SBM still work. But use only high pr sites.

Sorry, but there is no such thing as a high PR site.

I think both does still works but have to be more sensitive in choosing where you want to put your website/link on. Plus do not overdo it. :slight_smile: