• Drifting •

My husband is that way, how I envy you guys. Although I can and have worked years on end with 4 hours a night as well, sometimes through the night, no sleep, when I was younger. But it hits me really hard after a while, I just do not function right any longer. Actually dangerous, I would never drive a car in that condition.

But when there is no choice, then you just have to push.

Sounds interesting, lots of rubber getting scrubbed off I bet.

I don’t know what time it gets dark.

Since I’m out of school now, I tend to go to bed anytime between midnight and 2 in the morning during the week. I still get up at 7:30 or so as well. On the weekends though, well anything goes. I stay up till I can’t stay up any longer.

I’ve gotten into the habbit of sleeping a few hours at night (say 5 or so) then taking a nap during the day. I like that schedule. :slight_smile:

In my place the sun goes down at 6.30 PM and comes up at 6.30 AM…it is almost like that throughout the year with a variation of about +or-30 minutes.

Here in Paris its getting dark by 10 / 11 pm, no idea about dawn but probably around 4 / 5 am.

Back home in Silchar, where I’m from, it used to get dark by 5 / 6 pm and dawn at around 4 am.

Speaking about the sleep, I used to sleep for 5 / 6 hours and that was perfect for me … but since I’m here, I’m sleeping 8 / 9 hours. I hate it, but don’t know how to get back my original habit … I have tried a few times, but then I’m so worthless all the day, dizzy, headache, I sleep in my chair, etc. Probably due to the difference of temperature and culture.

I’m working on a project that will occasionally mean I have to get up really early, and I hate waking up early. You might find this interesting - How I became an early riser on Zen Habits.

[FONT=“Georgia”]Well the one thing about living in the tropics… our dusk, dawn and noon times are always the same all year 'round.

5:30 - 6:00 am – dawn
11:30 - 12:00 pm – noon
5:30 - 6:00 pm – dusk

A lot like what electroskan said he experiences.[/FONT]

I don’t know what I would prefer actually, my situation is the same as Raffles and Kigoobe as we’re in the same hemisphere.

Though I’ve visited the tropics and have to say I think it would be nice to have that routine. Here it stays light in the summer really late, and that can lend itself to good things.

One thing I do envy is the tropical rain, it’s warmer and tends to fall downwards, not blown straight into your face like our windy wet weather. Of course the downside to tropical rain are the storms that often accompany it

Well, one thing about getting dark at 11pm and getting dark at 6pm, for me, was that mentally it was easier to differentiate, like, hey this is morning, do the day day jobs, and this is evening, do the evening jobs.

here everything is so mixed up, like in the winter, it can be 8 in the morning and still dawn … to some extent I need to forget to relate daylight to day and moonlight to night … its more like understanding day and night by watching the watch, not by looking outside … :smiley: But, probably I’m a slow acclimatizer …

Speaking about acclimatization, it’s going to be 5 years I’m here, but something I am still confused, problem of acclimatization of course, is while crossing the road.

People in my place drives on the left side, while steering is at the right. Here it’s just the contrary … at times it comes that i’m watching on the wrong direction … looking towards right instead of left … :lol:

Where are you originally from Kigoobe? Your thing there on the left says paris, but I assume this is where you live now?

To me, the bed hugger, the best thing to have is an exciting project, that gets me going like nothing else, but that also keeps me awake, spinning in mind about it on and on, sort of a half sleep where I develop ideas. Some of the best things I have done came from this kind of half dream wake state.

The BBC recently published an article stating that house prices in the UK were on average 10 times higher than what people can afford. That’s why a lot of people in the UK never really get to own their house because they’re still paying off the mortgage thirty years after they first “bought” it. And often they sell the house before they’ve paid it all off, simply transferring the mortgage to the new buyers. So at the end of the day the banks win.

i dont no wat to post abt :frowning:

Hahaha – you have more to say than that though?

[ot]we can start with your way of saying things. It should be:
I don’t know what to post about[/ot]
:slight_smile:

I love the sunrise/sunset times here in Florida. It was the most de-motivating thing to walk out of work in winter at 4:30 or 5PM and it being pitch black when I lived in PA and Mass. You feel like your entire day was wasted at work.

ps this thread is now about drift racing

What is drift racing? Explain.

So, how about them tornadoes?

Do you have a bunker to go to?

Those things are nasty, have been in several myself on my journeys.