February Shout Out: Sayings that drive you mad!

“on a go-forward basis” – as if there were some way for things to take effect on a go-backward basis

“grateful thanks” can you give ungrateful thanks I wonder ?

:lol: diego, I actually do that alot…you know? :smiley:

another one recently that annoys me is - begs the question, or guesstimate :fire:

Light my fire ! It is raining…:goof:

Okay wow. You all listed many things i can’t stand myself, and this is a great thread! Usually it’s horrible grammar that really bothers me, especially when someone says: “this is mines” or “mines is better” …it’s just a simple thing and some people just haven’t gotten it yet. Ohh and one of my favorites: “What did I told you?”

Agreeing with most others here … esp ‘my bad’ …grrrr

My top cringes are the ones that are said ‘at’ you rather than ‘to’ you like…

It’s not Rocket Science - why even add that to anything you say? - except to show how rude and superior you think you are

Where the rubber meets the road - I will instantly dislike anyone who says that

" what can I do"

The French state the obvious, eg I’m walking down the road with 2 dogs, " are you taking the dogs for a walk " walk ! dogs ! not at all these are elaphants going for a jog ! mind you they mean well. also they never say “i’ts hot today” they say “it’s not cold” & visa versa. not annoying.

meaningless gibberish (is there any other kind)

“It’ll all be better in the morning”. Granted a good nights sleep can be helpful to thinking rationally, but sleep isn’t a cure for anything cept insomnia. :stuck_out_tongue:

You’ll feel better after “a nice cup 'a tea” why on earth would you give a horrible cuppa’

What I dont get is when u see in movies or soaps, when ppl are hysterical or upset about something or receive shocking news they get a drink of gin or whiskey or something and its assumed that it would calm u down, what if u were a violent drunk or something :shifty:

The tea issue, i always feel better after a cuppa tea, but more so after a nice brewed cup of tea, but yeah Nuala, wonders will never cease :stuck_out_tongue:

When people say “I could care less…” it drives me bonkers. The are meaning to say “I couldn’t care less” because if they could care less then it means they actually care.

Another annoying one is : a personal friend !

personal touch me !

Tell me about it… :rolleyes:

tell me about it, too :smiley: :smiley:

tell me more :lol:

Heard yesterday: " We have footballers who can play football" !!
and “forward into the future”

Pet peeve: “listen up”. :nono:

Also, mixing up conscience/conscious/conscientious.