HELP! My dropdown menu wont work in early IE browsers!

Hi all,
I have been designing this site - http://www.customcomputersltd.com.

In early versions of Internet Explorer (5, 5.5 and 6) the menu was coming up jumbled… I managed to fix that but now the drop down menu is still not coming up. I know people shouldnt be using browsers this old but apparently they still do! And since the launch I have been getting complaints and have alot of pressure to fix this problem!!!

I have heard of something called ‘conditional comments’ that you can insert into your code so that it becomes IE compatible for all versions. Does anyone know if that will work for this?? OR how to do it?
Can someone ‘view source’ and let me know if there is a problem with the menu’s coding? Im so confused why its happening!
It is driving me crazy!!! :frowning:
Any suggestions are very much appreciated!

IE 5 and 6 don’t understand :hover on anything else than <a> tags. Your menu has it applied to <li> tags so that won’t work.

To solve it download whatever:hover and put this in your CSS:

#topnav li {
  behavior: url(/path/to/whatever/hover/csshover3.htc);
}

Thank you for your quick response!
Ok I downloaded whatever:hover… where do I insert the code that Ive downloaded from there? besides also putting the line you mentioned in the CSS also.

You could stick it just under the general topnav li rule

#topnav li {
float:right;
margin-right:12px;
}

#topnav li {
}

Make sure you have the path right

If you want to hide it from other browsers you could do

* html #topnav li {
}

But you don’t have to. Other browsers don’t recognize it so will simply ignore it anyway.