IFA Highlights (and lowlights)

From my current newsletter, subscribe here.

Despite living in Berlin, I completely forgot to apply for IFA this year, but have been catching snippets of news here and there.

I was fascinated by the release of the new Marshall phone, if the sudden appearance of their headphones everywhere in Europe is anything to go by, this could be popular. I’ve never completely understood what brands gain from these brand tie-ins, but it’s nice to see one that isn’t linked to cars or high-end fashion.

Along side this came news of many new high-end and specific-use smart phones, such as the Predator 6 aimed at games and the Sony Xperia Z5 for, well, video and photo we think.

All of these devices of course run Android, and it poses many questions for developers, what kind of market share is achievable by targeting such specific devices and features? And will developers target them enough to make them worth purchasing by consumers? I can’t help but feel the Android device market could become like the Windows PC market, with a dizzying array of system requirements for apps in the non-too-distant future.

Your thoughts are welcome.

And anyone here arriving from my newsletter…

Yes, I know it’s supposed to be ‘die zukunft’ not ‘das’. I could pretend it was intentional, but it wasn’t, i’ve been saying it for years and noone has ever corrected me :frowning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.