Joomla vs. Wordpress

I like apples better than oranges. They are easier to use, they have a better core, they don’t have many unnecessary portions that you might not like, and quite frankly they look better.

Apple = Wordpress :cool:

i find wordpress easier to use.

Can anyone help?

This thread is discussing - IMHO the rather tired topic - Joomla vs. WordPress.

If you need help with something please start a new thread in an appropriate forum.

wodpress for me.
I have couple of wordpress blogs :slight_smile:
its user friendliness and plugins are what I like about it.

I say, Joomla is not slow to load, so it is more about what you like, your preferences. Check out this blogpost, it gives good pros and cons for Joomla and WordPress: http://nookeen.wordpress.com/2010/10/23/joomla-vs-wordpress-top-4-differences/

Disto

I think Joomla more powerful than Wordpress , Joomla can become any type of website if you plan to config it for much time, but Wordpress only fit to be blog or not complicate website .

Wordpress is simple, easy to use and much better than Joomla.

wordpress has allot more plugin’s but the joomla plugin’s can be allot more advanced. It’s hard to post images in Joomla but not wordpress pick your best out of these features.

Never used Joomla.
Wordpress give me all that I need, I started off with blogger and I find Wordpress way better and advance.

I’ve never liked Joomla. Not even when it was called Mambo (before the developers split). Too crammed for my taste. Wordpress seems to be the best tool for blogging, I even use it for presentation sites, since it’s indeed versatile. So in my case, it’s a no contest. Wordpress all the way.

Wordpress because it’s so easy.more people use it. it has great themes and plugins. its just all around great

With custom-posts and custom-taxonomy in wordpress, we can achieve almost anything. More is on the way with post-formats feature in upcoming release.
We ourself developed many things wordpress like e-commerce, social-networking, event management, learning management system and we are even working on a project management solution - purely wordpress based.
I believe wordpress is not only a CMS, but a good framework also!

Wordpress for me.

Wordpress is far better than joomla. everything seems to be very convenient when you use wordpress. well I’m not saying joomla is a trash but…you see my point, right?

I will go with wordpress for a small site or for a personal blog and I will go with joomla for an online shop or a bigger site

I don’t like Joomla (Personal preference, much like CPanel vs Plesk, I prefer Plesk). But WordPress is nice, I prefer WordPress for a website I don’t care much about (Just to post things that don’t matter). I think rather than Joomla you should learn Drupal, you can go much further in life with Drupal and the difficulty of learning will pay off after monkeying with it a good year.

Joomla seems to be more complicated than wordpress. If you want to use some premium feature of Joomla, you need to know many things about php. However, wordpress is much easier.

I have also noticed that wordpress is more globally used. if you are planning on outsourcing for example, you will find out that people outside US are more knowledgeable in using this platform than joomla.

Wordpress is extremely easy to use, even for unexperienced users and newbies. Whereas Joomla has more of a “frustration phase” in which you try to do the slightest modification and it does not work, of course once you learn to use it and overcome your frustration it is a great CMS. Wordpress also can be used for a lot more than blogs (it is like a CMS) and is easy to modify (how categories are displayed, how content is displayed, etc) by someone with html knowledge and common sense. Also, doing on page SEO is super easy on wordpress.