June Photo Challenge - Reflections, Light and Shadow

sure Shyflower. To take this photo I used for props 1 empty beer can, trooper figurine, and a sheet of white perspex. For lighting I used 1 flashgun that I put inside another empty beer can but cutting the bottom off. the flash shone through the top of the drinking opening to create a street light effect.
camera details-
Canon7D
50mm Prime lens
F8
1/200 sec
ISO100
canon 430 EXII flashgun with wireless trigger.
As for inspiration, I just like to challenge myself with different aspects of photography and to take photos that aren’t always expected, something that makes people look twice. I was actually at the time trying to photograph milk drops and saw the trooper on my desk next to a beer can and one think led to another.

Wow! That is totally creative and I think just what this forum needs more of… photographers who are willing to share creative ideas that get imaginative and very impressive results! Thanks.

when is the deadline for this contest?

It’s not a contest, there are no prizes to be won. It’s a challenge (in a fun kind of way) to show us your pictures.
The “deadline” is 30 June, although I’m sure no one will shoot you if you post on topic pictures after that date :wink: But in July there should be another challenge to focus on.

Thanks for your kind comment, I really love inspiring others to push out of their comfort zones and try new things in photography. With that in mind I thought I better share the milk drop experiment which shows control of light and reflection.
In this photo I used the same white perspex sheet, eye dropper and milk. With my flash gun i used it under the perspex so it would shine upwards, this way reducing shadows that you would normally have when lighting is from above.
Camera details-
Canon7D
90mm
F18
1/125 sec
ISO100
canon 430 EXII flashgun with wireless trigger

Always have fun with your photos, experiment, take risks, shoot as much as you can everyday. Use your phone camera if you cant use your normal camera. Learn at least 1 new thing about photography every week.
Let me know if you need a hand or anything photography related, be glad to help.

If you hadn’t described that one, I would have thought it was something you brought home from the forest floor! Sort of creepy-cool. :eek: :cool:

Oh, I’ve been in the cellar you know :smiley:

That’s cool, maybe you also speak Norwegian?

Many people has movet to USA from Norway over the years - even some of my relatives :slight_smile:

You should take a trip to Norway, we have some of the worlds most beautiful fjords here - but of course, we have a lot of other things here as well :smiley:

If you go up to the north, you will see the midnight sun during the summer, and the aurora borealis during the winter. people comes from all over the world just to see it.

Taken on friday in London. I took several variants of this, I was waiting for a bunch of people to walk out of the frame and a lonely dog randomly walked into the picture! Obviously, this was the keeper!

wow!

what is that, the tower of london?

The reflection is tower bridge :slight_smile: . The tower of london is directly in front, you can just about make it out, but my poor little casio exilim couldn’t handle the bright sun well enough to capture it :frowning:

Off Topic:

:eek: That looks like a guide dog that’s lost its owner. Hopefully they didn’t walk too close to the river. :shifty:

Great lighting, I like it!

Mike

Thanks heaps Mike :wink: