London 2012 Olympics

London 2012 Olympics is so …fail.

Why?

me together with my brother watch Olympics 2012 on TV and most of all we are interested in athletics, we were not lucky to go to london to any of these events but we follow it on TV)

Canada’s Women’s Soccer/Football won Bronze this morning! Yeah! I don’t know if anyone else agrees but these Canadian Women got ripped off with the refereeing in the USA versus Canada match, but it diminished how hard the Canadian Women worked and IMHO unjustly punished them. Very proud and happy that they won Bronze though!

Regards,
Steve

Brilliant Men’s 800m final last night. Gold medal went to the wonderful David Rudisha, with a new world record time, and the silver to the young Botswanan, Nijel Amos, who achieved a new National and world junior record. Every man in the field either set a new record or achieved a new PB or SB. Amazing. Well done to Britain’s Andrew Osagie, who managed to keep up with such a class field and set a new PB. Thrilling stuff to watch. :slight_smile:

Team GB on a roll at the moment - we want more Gold - last night was excellent for the females :slight_smile:

[FONT=Verdana]Yay - Mo Farrah won double Olympic gold. :weee:

And a brilliant men’s marathon to close the athletics this morning. Great to see Uganda take a surprise gold - their first Olympic gold since 1972, and only their second ever. Congratulations to Stephen Kiprotich.[/FONT]

Now the game is over…what a pity.grr
I will miss it.

Why?

As it was really great

O well, you have the paralympics to look forward to, then. :slight_smile:

I love Olympic game but unable to see and visit more about it because now days i am getting so busy :rolleyes:

There is an app of the Olympics on the iphone, check it out, you can watch videos and such!

Hmm. I’ll go the other way around here. Is it just me or is anyone here not interested in the Olympics too?

The London Olympics 2012 did not go as everyone thought it would be. The ceremonies and the investment was not according to the hype everyone had made about it. Specially the opening and closing ceremony were the worst.

Care to elaborate Jenny86 or are you just going to leave it at an unsubstantiated random comment?
I thought the ceremonies were pretty damn spectacular and the whole event went off superbly. No screw ups or anything untoward.

For me they were the best games till today. The open show was fantastic:)

I may not have cared that much about the Olympics but I’ve seen the opening and closing ceremonies. They were fabulous. What made you think of them as the worst?

The most impressive thing in London Olympics I found is the mistake of the flag for the female team of Japanese Football.
The host showed the Korea flag by mistake when the Japanese team appeared.

[FONT=Verdana]Not quite. They showed the South Korean flag for the North Korean team. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-19004496

And if you really found that the most impressive thing about the Olympics, then I don’t think you were watching the same games I was.
[/FONT]