Pinterest in Europe Region

Do you know if europian users are using pinterest, and if yes how much?

Is it worth the time to create a new plan exclusive for pinterest marketing for european companies?

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

As a very successful marketer once remarked to me, I pick tools in the first few percent or the last few which is to say, be in something when it’s very new and you can make a name for yourself or when it’s very mature and a requirement. Pinterest has exploded in the last year but we’re still talking about all of 15 million visitors a month… divide that down to locations and numbers get smaller [200k estimated in the UK as of Feb, 2012] be small but that increases the opportunity within that number.

I would say that it would be worth your time. Last month Pinterest was the #3 top referrer site in the US. UK traffic will most likely continue to grow and improve on the site.

If it’s a place where your target audience hangs out, then it would be a good use of your time for building your reputation in that social network. Take note: build your reputation. You don’t promote stuff right off the bat. You have to interact with people, and share valuable information before you can actually promote your services.

I am wondering, do if and how do web hosts benefit from Pinterest?

Even if Pinterest is the no.1 top referrer site, it doesn’t mean that it will help us. Instead of making profile on every social media sites, it is better to stick with any one or two.
Of course, pinterest is one of the best site to market, but what if someone has a text-rich site? Anyway having an exclusive strategy for pinterest is a nice idea. Go on with it…

Pinterest seems to be in its infancy at its stage and it would too early to make any form of marketing strategy on such a medium of social media, i would personally suggest that you focus on other forms of social media and other activities since pinterest hasn’t attained its true potential.
for eg- Pinterest Images have not yet been indexed on Google and it is really surprising to see how much of the content is left ignored by Google, I am sure that sooner or later Pinterest will get to a mature stage which would be the right time to get profitable results

Pinterest may be a huge site in the States but it is a long way from gaining traction in Europe. Many people use it as a display site but the social element of Pinterest hasn’t taken off yet. It is also very vulnerable to clone sites eating into its market share. For example, WeHeartIt has been doing Pinterest pinning for much longer. Flickr on the other hand has millions of European users and images hosted there have no copyright problems. For European businesses Flickr is still a much better time investment than Pinterest.

<snip>

Pinterest is definitely a great tool for exchanging visuals. A pic is worth a 1000 words!

That’s one of the things that have bothered me about pin interest, and I’ll admit about Facebook as well. Of course Facebook has the money to fight off any copyright suit (or settle if they want) but I really wonder about Pin Interest. I initially thought it was for folks to post their photos of their interests, but I see more and more posts from PinInterest on Facebook with absolutely no attribution of any kind… pictures I have seen elsewhere and I’m sure they are not posted by the copyright holders. If they are, I have some friends who have a whole lot more talented than I have credited them with.

I live in Switzerland and I use Pinterest everyday. In my country, about 5% of internet users use Pinterest.

Statistics, when backed up by sources, always carry a lot of weight. Where did you find that one?

Hi,
Looking at the infographics, the active users of Pinterest are girls. Well, seems that most of the men spend too much time on Reddit :wink:

I have noticed the same. Heard few months back that Pinterest is worth spending your time and working all this time the pictures have not been indexed by Google. Though Traffic do come from it the website, but it hasn’t contributed much in sales, and most of my sales from social media sites comes from Facebook.

Just wondering, is your Facebook page or Twitter account indexed by Google? What about Stumble upon or LinkedIn? Even if you do a Google search for “social media sites” none of them rise to the top. Instead your search results in articles on the top Social media sites. Besides, the photos on Pinterest are already indexed. Where do you think those “interested” people find them to post on their pinterest pages? From looking at some Pinterest pages, it’s my hunch that most of them came from other sites.