Placing Tables In CSS Side By Side

We need to see the code that you’re using, or a link to your page, to help you work out where the proble, lies.

As TechnoBear said we’d need to see the whole structure but usually you can float tables side by side if needed (and assuming there is room).

… and assuming they should even be tables in the first place…

and who decides whether they should be tables or not? :lol:. Certainly not you, I or anyone else :wink:

Although I wouldn’t recommend using tables for layout, if someone wants to choose to use tables for layout no-one has the clout to enforce they don’t :), especially if the html passes the w3c validator.

@op

You can float and style tables just like any element. Post your code so we can see what is happening.

A very basic starting point would be

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>Experiment</title>
<style media="all">
table {border: 1px solid #000; border-collapse: collapse; float: left;}
</style>
</head>

<body>
	<table>
	<tr>
	<td>Name of user1 here</td>
	<td>salary of user1 here</td>
	</tr>
	</table>

<table>
	<tr>
	<td>Name of user2 here</td>
	<td>salary of user2 here</td>
	</tr>
	</table>
</body>

</html>

and if you wanted to left and right justify the tables, you can float: left one table and float:right the other table.

I would question these being tables, since tables are data that fits into rows AND columns – you seem to be using multiple tables to do multiple lists… possibly a set of nested lists from a semantic standpoint.

If it WERE to be a table (assuming there’s enough data to warrant it) I would at the very least make the name field be a TH, so there’s a topic for each row. It also comes down to how many of these are you putting on every page, since you could have float drop and float ride-up issues if they aren’t all the same height with the same information.