Selling and Online chat with the customers

Hei,

Does anyone have any idea which software is used for online chat with the customer while is making his purchasing on the website?

For instance instance the customer may ask more information about a product and throught the chat the salesman can answer to the questions! It sounds like a “Virtual Shop/store”.

All ideas are welcome and thank you in advance!

There are many services in this field. I’ve listed out a few but you can research them for days if you like to comapre features, interface, pricing and anything else you can think of.

• LivePerson
  • Live Chat Inc
  • Velaro
  • Bold Chat

We use “ProvideSupport.com”.

All of them are extremely easy to use. Basically, you chat out of a popup window on your browser…when someone asks a question, it rings. We pay $15 a month.

My experience is it’s still a foreign feature to most visitors. They don’t understand there’s actually a live person answering their message.

We find we get about a ratio of about 6-1 of phone calls to text chats. During our chat hours, we probably get about 1 out of every 200 visitors using text chat. More encouraging though, probably about 1 in 10 of those people goes on to buy something.

Hei all,
Thanks a lot this really helps, for those interested i have found also,
Websitealive and livesalesman!

Can one of this live chat be installed on own webpage server?
Thanks again!

Hi, a selection of live chat services can be found at Compare Live Chat site

We use Olark (Olark | Real-time chat and monitoring of your website visitors through Google Talk and Jabber) and it’s been great. We have a very high-traffic site and multiple support people that are online to chat. You can connect through almost any client - meebo, etc.

You could also use something like LiveZilla for live support on a site.

We’re developing a solution for video live support that should be helpful on sites where visual aid and communication is required. Like presenting products or items live in front of webcam.

I use “zopim” ! works great :slight_smile:

I like SnapEngage. Very simple but with features and you can get started for free. It’s nice that you can simply use your existing Google Talk or other IM account.

Try Zopim, if you have IT knowledge. It is a useful tool for live chat. You will be acknowledged which page your client is viewing, the age of your client and so on.

• zopim
  • LivePerson
  • Live Chat Inc
  • Velaro
  • Bold Chat!
    All of them work great

have you ever tried livezilla http://www.livezilla.com ? its free live chat script in php/mysql very nice software.

i have used zopim. it is the best

i suggest
provide support- professional support system comes with lot of good features and affordable
Bold Chat - Enterprise level live chat support system comes with all good features.little bit costlier than any other chat programs
Zopim - Easy to integrate IM, free and premium options available

Velaro would be perfect for that. You can even “co-browse” with your visitors (AKA walk them through check out step by step if need be). Their integrations with CRMs are also pretty handy too.