Simple WYSIWYG editor

Hi,

I am trying to make a very simple WYSIWYG editor, and the only required function is to add the emotion icons into the text area such that the image itself is displayed (instead of a text like the case for bcode). I have absolutely no idea how to get started, it would be nice if someone can give me some useful advice.

Thank you very much~ :slight_smile:

Best,
Belle

Building your own could be labor intensive, and I’m not sure will be worth the effort. There are a number of decent products out there that will get you what you need.

All of these are customizable, and you can pare down the choices to what you want your users to have.

Thank you very much Dave, I will certainly take a good at these editors~ :slight_smile:

By the way, I couldn’t figure out how to display pictures etc. in the text area of the WYSIWYG editor, and I am really curious about how this actually works. Can you please can point we to something discuss about the techniques in achieving this? Thanks~ :slight_smile:

Belle

Another editor is TinyMCE which can be used for non-commercial stuff. It’s possible they might licence commercial stuff, you’d have to check on their site to find out.