The New @Tagging Mod Here On The Forums

Ok, let’s try again…
Thanks @ralph_m; and @ScallioXTX;

Ok it works. The first post @HAWK; did confused me and I was basically doing a double positive.

Yup, I got that mention alright :slight_smile:

Don’t mention it. :smiley:

:rofl:

The other way is to use [MENTION]username[/MENTION], which has the same effect but without that horrible trailing semi-colon and without any question over whether it’s going to work properly or not!

Ah yes, hand coding is always better. Thanks, Stevie. :slight_smile:

well, it never worked for me when i tried it, so let’s try it again…

@ralph_m or @ralph_m; ??

EDIT: okay, that worked

@HAWK;

EDIT: that too…

rats

My tagging doesn’t work http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?1168969-Designer-or-Developer-is-it-build-in-talent :frowning:

[font=calibri]The first thing you need to do is to make sure you have written the person’s name correctly … you’d got three of them wrong!

The second thing to do is that sometimes you need to give vB a clue that you are tagging someone. You can either put a ; after their name, or wrap their name in [noparse][mention][/mention][/noparse] tags, and this means that the system isn’t relying on guesswork.

I’ve fixed those tags in your post for you now.[/font]

The first thing you need to do is to make sure you have written the person’s name correctly

That can be a pain when the user has a name made up of different characters and symbols, it is not easy to copy and paste the user name either!

@Stevie_D; thanks , @HAWK; we should have a drop down of ppl participating in thread when u do @N and all people with n name comes in list

Yeah, that would make it much easier to use. It’d be a low priority, but I’ll definitely keep it in mind for when we have some dev time. It’s not our plugin so we’d likely need to write our own one, but that’s a good option anyway. Thanks for your feedback. :slight_smile: