The SPF Pure HTML & CSS competition - The Winners!

Congratulations to all the competitors and winners.Thank You for the kind
words! :slight_smile:

I canā€™t wait to get the Html Cup to drink my morning coffee from it.

I am seriously impressed with the quality of the entries. Amazing work.

I am also seriously impressed with how hard the staff worked to run this contest and want to give them a big thanks. You guys rock.

Iā€™m PMing the winners now to organise your prizes. Congratulations.

You wife has good taste Dan and I like your cartoon fish Csaba. We have our Galactic Overlord to thank for all those wonderful prizes and allowing us to host the fabulous Showcase on the SPF servers.

Plus like Iā€™ve said, itā€™s all you competitors that have really supported this competition and you should be proud of your achievements.

Yeah? Really?

My favorites are:
Candygirl (because itā€™s blue and orange like mine. Hey, I like blue and orange! :p)
tommuseth (excellent font choice)
transio (fantastic effect!)
YuriKolovsky (BIG BOLD TEXT. Best background color ever.)
zcorpan!!!

Nice work everyone. Iā€™m envious of the design skills here. :slight_smile:

Yes, Mark like Tim said you had some fairly nice markup and should be proud of yourself. :slight_smile:

I welcome any comments that would help me improve. Iā€™m no designer so any advice on any sort of artistic improvement would likely go over my head but youā€™re welcome to try. :stuck_out_tongue:

HAHAH! Nice! I just saw that. :smiley: :smiley:

Same.

Thank you very much for the honor! I feel a little unworthy among so many great entriesā€¦

Thanks to the Sitepoint folks for the fun and interesting competition. This was one of the first times Iā€™ve gotten to try out media queries and some of the other cool CSS3 stuffs. Fun times - thank you!

I just canā€™t wait to walk into work with my ultra-awesome SP mugā€¦!

Oui, ouiā€¦ this is my piece de resistance. :smiley:

Those are very nice designs!
Congratulations to the winners!!

Thank you and Iā€™ll let her know.

All the pant wetting, dummy chucking and thread crapping has been moved to a new thread. This thread is for the congratulations to the winners and for a good FUN competition.

Louis, glad you like your cup; it was a pleasure judging your web page and it sounds like you enjoyed yourself taking part, which is the main thing.

Will you be drinking anything special out of the cup when it arrives?

Iā€™m making my own mug and writing ā€œI :clubs: HTMLā€ and drinking my own tears out of it because I didnā€™t win. :smiley:

:lol: :rofl:

Use a spadeā€¦ itā€™s angrier than a club. :wink:

Actually, come to think of itā€¦ I :spades: HTML could be read as ā€œI slice HTMLā€ - kinda cute. :smiley:

Talking about being distracted, your banana-dancing icon makes it very distracting reading your posts :slight_smile:

amazing ! really really amazing designs, gratz to the winners and everyone who took part in this, im really impressed and wish one day ill have the knowledge to do such a things aswell :slight_smile:

Well, ulthane I am glad you found some inspiration from the multitude of designs. Hopefully learning something new about what can be achieved with simple CSS and Markup and some creativity and patience when you looked through the lists.

LOL thats what I told myself I would do if I didnā€™t win, but I wanted to add a black heart icon.